With just a couple of weeks remaining in the regular season, BYU is looking for a strong finish.
ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi has released his latest edition of Bracketology, and he has the Cougars slotted as a No. 11 seed, facing No. 6 seed Creighton in Albuquerque. Fellow West Coast Conference members Saint Mary's and Gonzaga are each No. 5 seeds.
Turning to football, BYU opens spring drills on March 5. Yahoo.com previews spring practice for college football's independents, including the Cougars.
"Defense led the way for the Cougars in 2011, and that side of the ball should be solid again," writes Mike Huguenin. "Two starters departed in the secondary — one at corner, one at safety — so that area bears watching in the spring. BYU looks to be in better shape at corner than at safety. The offense is more problematic. BYU has to rebuild the left side of its line, find a new starter at fullback and at tailback and replace a starting wide receiver. The Cougars are looking for new starters at left tackle, left guard and center, and the drop-off to the new starters bears watching. BYU’s backup linemen were extremely young last season, and their progress this spring will go a long way toward determining how potent the Cougars are this fall. Junior TB Michael Alisa was productive in the second half of the season, and he will get ample opportunities this spring. Despite the loss of WR McKay Jacobson, BYU looks fine at that position."
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33