Tori Gass, Jr., Guard (4.8 ppg)
Scoring offense: 50.5 ppg (5th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 46.2 ppg (22nd in 1A)
Last state championship: 2010
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Rich in championship game.
Rich Rebels (16-2)
Coach: Scott Ferguson
How qualified: Finished first in Region 21 with a 8-0 record
Playoff opener: vs. Bryce Valley, Wednesday, 8:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 47-28 win against South Summit on Dec. 9.
Most important region victory: A 64-31 win at Duchesne on Jan. 20.
Courtney Lamborn, Sr. (14.8 ppg)
Alisa Petersen, Jr. (10.3 ppg)
Tristin Bowers, Sr. (7.2 ppg)
Cassidy McKee, Sr. (4.7 ppg)
Lynzee Wallentine, Jr. (4.0 ppg)
Scoring offense: 56.2 ppg (2nd in 1A)
Scoring defense: 28.8 ppg (1st in 1A)
Last state championship: 2011
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Win over Piute in championship.
St. Joseph Jayhawks (14-4)
Coach: Joe Cravens
How qualified: Finished first in Region 17 with an 8-0 record
Playoff opener: vs. Milford, Wednesday, 1 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 39-38 win over Jordan on Dec. 30.
Most important region victory: A 57-36 win over Layton Christian on Jan. 24.
Katie Berry, Sr. (15.3 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.0 spg)
Liz Tomon, So. (9.2 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 0.7 spg)
Katie Panushka, Jr. (8.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 3.5 apg, 2.2 spg)
Mady White, Fr. (3.6 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.6 spg)
Carrera Brown, Sr. (3.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.4 apg, 1.1 spg)
Scoring offense: 48.0 ppg (8th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 33.0 ppg (4th in 1A)
Last state championship: None.
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Milford in first round.
Tintic Miners (7-12)
Coach: Jed Thomas
How qualified: Finished second in Region 18 with a 6-2 record
Playoff opener: vs. Layton Christian, Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 40-32 win over Grantsville’s So.s on Nov. 28.
Most important region victory: A 34-28 win at Wendover on Jan. 26.
McKayla Wahlberg, Sr., Forward (10.3 ppg)
Kendra Wahlberg, Sr., Guard (7.2 ppg)
Esther Pehrson, So., Center (5.6 ppg)
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- Jazz lose 106-103 heartbreaker to the...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 110
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 67
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 52
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36