Icy onramp causes 15 cars to crash in multiple pileups
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — An icy on-ramp resulted in 15 vehicles crashing in four separate accidents Monday.
About 5:25 a.m., a vehicle lost control due to ice on the on-ramp from Union Park Avenue to westbound I-215, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. After that vehicle spun out, the other cars behind it could not stop in time, causing a three car accident.
Moments later, when another car came up the ramp, it too lost control on the ice, causing a seven-car crash, according to the UHP.
Two other crashes brought the total to 15 vehicles. But the UHP reported that all injuries were minor and no one needed to be transported to a hospital.
As of 8 a.m. the on-ramp was still closed, but expected to be reopened shortly.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- U.K. doctors embrace e-cigarettes as U.S....
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21