Icy onramp causes 15 cars to crash in multiple pileups
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — An icy on-ramp resulted in 15 vehicles crashing in four separate accidents Monday.
About 5:25 a.m., a vehicle lost control due to ice on the on-ramp from Union Park Avenue to westbound I-215, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. After that vehicle spun out, the other cars behind it could not stop in time, causing a three car accident.
Moments later, when another car came up the ramp, it too lost control on the ice, causing a seven-car crash, according to the UHP.
Two other crashes brought the total to 15 vehicles. But the UHP reported that all injuries were minor and no one needed to be transported to a hospital.
As of 8 a.m. the on-ramp was still closed, but expected to be reopened shortly.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13