Icy onramp causes 15 cars to crash in multiple pileups
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — An icy on-ramp resulted in 15 vehicles crashing in four separate accidents Monday.
About 5:25 a.m., a vehicle lost control due to ice on the on-ramp from Union Park Avenue to westbound I-215, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. After that vehicle spun out, the other cars behind it could not stop in time, causing a three car accident.
Moments later, when another car came up the ramp, it too lost control on the ice, causing a seven-car crash, according to the UHP.
Two other crashes brought the total to 15 vehicles. But the UHP reported that all injuries were minor and no one needed to be transported to a hospital.
As of 8 a.m. the on-ramp was still closed, but expected to be reopened shortly.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Cars, homes, police station damaged in...
- Internet task force makes multiple arrests...
- John Williams remembered by friends as a man...
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Learn how to become foster parent at one of...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 82
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10