Icy onramp causes 15 cars to crash in multiple pileups
COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — An icy on-ramp resulted in 15 vehicles crashing in four separate accidents Monday.
About 5:25 a.m., a vehicle lost control due to ice on the on-ramp from Union Park Avenue to westbound I-215, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. After that vehicle spun out, the other cars behind it could not stop in time, causing a three car accident.
Moments later, when another car came up the ramp, it too lost control on the ice, causing a seven-car crash, according to the UHP.
Two other crashes brought the total to 15 vehicles. But the UHP reported that all injuries were minor and no one needed to be transported to a hospital.
As of 8 a.m. the on-ramp was still closed, but expected to be reopened shortly.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 70
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16