Our dedicated husband, father and grandfather, Norman Brent McAllister, age 62, passed away January 19, 2000 at his home in Pleasant Grove, Utah after a long, courageous battle with cancer.
Born May 19, 1937 in Kanab, Utah, son of Burton J. and Laura Robinson McAllister. Married Gloria Kaye Maxwell February 3, 1961 in the Salt Lake Temple. Active member of the LDS Church where he served an Eastern States Mission and life long service in various capacities including service as a Bishop. He worked for the Church Education System as a seminary teacher. Later CES took him to the South Pacific, Western Samoa and Australia, as Business Manager of Church Schools. Norm loved horses and being in the outdoors. He enjoyed his garden. He was always involved in a project and was an ambitious worker with a great work ethic. He provided for all a great example of how to live a Christ-like life.Survived by his wife, Gloria; children, Kaylani (Jay) Wootton, Brent (Stephanie) McAllister, Shaunie (Michael) Critchfield, Burton James "B.J." (Saesha) McAllister and Tiana McAllister; nine grandchildren; mother, Laura, Kanab; brothers and sisters, Evan (Joyce) McAllister, Marvin (Marilyn) McAllister, Ada (Burton) Judd and Bonnie (Richard) Lewis. Preceded in death by his father and a daughter, Marla Kaye.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, 2 p.m. at the Manila Ward Chapel, 2600 North 900 West (East of Mt. Timpanogos Temple), Pleasant Grove, Utah where friends may call at the church Friday, 6-8 p.m. and Saturday 12:30-1:45 p.m. Interment, Pleasant Grove Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 931 East 3300 South, SLC, Utah 84106. Under the direction of McDougal Funeral Home.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9