Our dedicated husband, father and grandfather, Norman Brent McAllister, age 62, passed away January 19, 2000 at his home in Pleasant Grove, Utah after a long, courageous battle with cancer.
Born May 19, 1937 in Kanab, Utah, son of Burton J. and Laura Robinson McAllister. Married Gloria Kaye Maxwell February 3, 1961 in the Salt Lake Temple. Active member of the LDS Church where he served an Eastern States Mission and life long service in various capacities including service as a Bishop. He worked for the Church Education System as a seminary teacher. Later CES took him to the South Pacific, Western Samoa and Australia, as Business Manager of Church Schools. Norm loved horses and being in the outdoors. He enjoyed his garden. He was always involved in a project and was an ambitious worker with a great work ethic. He provided for all a great example of how to live a Christ-like life.Survived by his wife, Gloria; children, Kaylani (Jay) Wootton, Brent (Stephanie) McAllister, Shaunie (Michael) Critchfield, Burton James "B.J." (Saesha) McAllister and Tiana McAllister; nine grandchildren; mother, Laura, Kanab; brothers and sisters, Evan (Joyce) McAllister, Marvin (Marilyn) McAllister, Ada (Burton) Judd and Bonnie (Richard) Lewis. Preceded in death by his father and a daughter, Marla Kaye.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, 2 p.m. at the Manila Ward Chapel, 2600 North 900 West (East of Mt. Timpanogos Temple), Pleasant Grove, Utah where friends may call at the church Friday, 6-8 p.m. and Saturday 12:30-1:45 p.m. Interment, Pleasant Grove Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 931 East 3300 South, SLC, Utah 84106. Under the direction of McDougal Funeral Home.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20