Dermont "Mont" Madsen, 87, of Iona, Idaho, died October 31, 1999, with his wife, in a car accident. Born June 4, 1912, in Garfield, Idaho, to James and Betsy Crump Madsen. Graduated Idaho Falls High School in 1930. Graduated Ricks College, then taught school at Dehlin, Idaho. Later worked at Roger's Brothers as a field man. Later became plant manager. Retired after 40 years.
He married Genevieve Rockwood January 12, 1935. Genevieve died in 1993. He married Mary Jane Root in 1994. Active member of the LDS Church. He was an avid fisherman and it can be said he was a fisher of men. He loved his children and grandchildren.
Surviving are: daughter, Karen Lester Long, Mapleton, Ut; daughter, Kay Paul Bodily, St. Anthony, ID,; son, Brent Vangie Madson, Forest Grove, OR. son, Mark DeAnne Madsen, Edmond, OK, daughter, Nancy Madsen, Rigby, ID; son, Don Dawn Madsen, Boise, ID; daughter, Jena Ron Stinger, Pocatello, ID; daughter, Gail Grant Madsen, Minneapolis, MN; sister, Tira Wright, Idaho Falls, ID; sister, Grace Hisgan, Sun City, CA; 42 grandchildren and 34 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by six brothers, four sisters, a grandchild, and a great grandchild.
Funeral services, joint funeral services for Dermont and his wife, Mary Jane, will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, November 4th 1999 at the Iona LDS Stake Center (Ririe Highway & Iona Road) with Bishop Marvin Robison of the Iona 2nd Ward officiating.
The family will visit friends on Wednesday from 6:30 plm. until 8:30 p.m. at the church and for one hour prior to services on Thursday at the church. Burial will be in the Kona Cemetery under the direction of Wood Funeral Home.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Officials: Two women in Utah with Zika are...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8