Children swarm around Pikachu, a character from the popular children's television show "Pokeman," after he dropped in to visit at the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo Wednesday. Pikachu spent 90 minutes saying hello to the public, employees' children and patients in the pediatrics ward. His visit was sponsored jointly by the Celebration of Health Foundation and TV station WB30.
- 1 Bill authorizing state auditor to freeze funds rushes through Legislature
- 2 Man dead, 2 hospitalized in Salt Lake shooting
- 3 'Matilda the Musical' brings Roald Dahl's children's tale to S.L.'s Eccles Theater
- 4 Zion offers abbreviated shuttle service over Presidents Day weekend
- 5 DHS weighed National Guard for immigration roundups in Utah, 10 other states
- 92 Dozens rally against Chaffetz through song, not chants
- 88 Utahns gather for Not My President's Day rally
- 78 Utah, LDS Church join 'friend of court' briefs in transgender bathroom case
- 59 MormonLeaks in the Age of Transparency
- 55 Swedes scratch heads at Trump's suggestion of major incident
- 54 New GOP package would put sales tax on food, phase out income tax exemptions
- 48 Morning links: BYU vs. Wisconsin called 'intriguing'; CBS Sports' ranks 50 greatest basketball players; Jimmer's next move?
- 46 Trump rallies supporters, tears into 'dishonest media'