Meal: Three Burger King Whoppers, two large orders of fries, a chocolate shake, chocolate chip ice cream, grape Hubba Bubba bubblegum. Parsons will share the meal with his cousin and his brother.Evening walk: Parsons wants to walk on the grass under the stars. Department of Corrections spokesman Jack Ford said Parsons will have to make the walk from the building he is housed in to the building where the execution takes place. Chances are, that walk would have taken place at night regardless, but now officials will let him step off the concrete pathway and instead walk through the grass. If he wants to do it barefoot, Ford says he can.
No basketball: Parsons had wanted to play a game of basketball in the prison's gymnasium prior to his death, but he was denied the request. Prison authorities do not want Parsons to injure himself before he is to die. The reasoning behind the seemingly odd concern is authorities don't want a possible injury to add to the already stressful time period of preparing for the execution. In addition, an injury would require treatment and could possibly delay the procedure. Instead, authorities will let Parsons shoot some hoops, a recreational activity he can already do at the death-row unit because of a fenced, small area that is outside.
Movies: Parsons has requested to watch five science fiction movies before his execution: "Star Trek: First Contact," "The Matrix," "The Mummy," "Armageddon" and "Alien: Resurrection."
Parsons has requested his remains be cremated and turned over to a relative.
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging at...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- U. student government passes resolution... 54
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 26
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17