GUNNISON, Utah--Our beloved husband, father, son, and brother, Blake Melvin Edwards, died Sunday, August 1, 1999, surrounded by his loved ones.
He was born April 27, 1957, in Gunnison, Utah, to Don H. and Ila Duffin Edwards. He married Coleen Nielsen, April 29, 1977, in the Manti LDS Temple.Blake was a Deputy Sheriff in Sanpete County and previously served as a police officer for Gunnison City. He was sought after as a skillful photographer.
He is survived by his loving wife, Coleen of Gunnsion; two children, Brittney and Colby Edwards of Gunnison; parents, Don and Ila Edwards, Gunnison; two brothers, Larry (Debbie) Edwards, Syracuse; Leslie (Carrie) Edwards, Gunnison; sister, Melanie E. (Cory) Hammond, Salt Lake City. Blake also has many adoring nephews, nieces, cousins, and friends. He is preceded in death by his grandparents, Melvin and Mae Duffin and Stanley and Ruby Edwards.
Funeral Services will be held Thursday, August 5, 1999 at 12 noon in the Gunnison Stake Center, where friends may call on Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. and again on Thursday from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Burial will be in the Gunnison City Cemetery. Blakes death reminds us that life is short and loved ones are precious. Goodbye Blake. We will always love you. Funeral directors, Magleby-Jensen Mortuary of Salina and Gunnison.
T 8/3N 8/3
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 23
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20