FREMONT, Utah--Our kind and beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and sister, Madge Blackburn Albrecht Taylor, age 78, died Monday, July 26, 1999 in Loa, Utah of complications from a stroke.
She was born July 19, 1917 in Loa, the 12th of 14 children, born to Heber Charles and Louisa Taylor Blackburn. She married Everett Dale Albrecht, November 14, 1934 in Loa, Utah. Their marriage was solemnized in the Manti LDS Temple, February 3, 1949. He died November 22, 1961. She married Kenneth James Taylor, May 20, 1967 in Aurora, Utah. He died November 1, 1984. Madge was very active in the LDS Church, serving in all the auxiliaries. She enjoyed going to the Temple. She loved to garden and especially loved her flowers. She was the best cook in the world and nobody could top her homemade rolls.She is survived by her children: Derrell and Pat Albrecht of Loa; Velma and Milen Torgersen of Aurora; Dale and Lois Albrecht of Annabella; Max L. and Wendy Albrecht, Jake and Sandra Albrecht, all of Glenwood; Virgil (deceased) and Karen Albrecht Larsen of Pleasant Grove; Orlo Neil (deceased) and Phyllis Albrecht of Grand Junction, Colorado; 27 grandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; brothers and sisters: Wayne and Ione Blackburn of Loa; Lewis and Donna Blackburn; Elda and Carl Ellett, all of Fremont; Deward (deceased) and Ellen Blackburn and Willis Spafford of Richfield; Elbert (deceased) and Nina Blackburn of Emery; Nancy and Worth Sorenson (deceased); Alma and Dorthella Blackburn (deceased). Preceded in death by brothers and sisters: Oden, Loren, Leonard, Phidella, Luella and Hilda Blackburn.
Funeral Services will be held Saturday, July 31, 1999 at 12 noon in the Fremont LDS Ward Chapel. Friends may call for viewing at the Springer Turner Funeral Home, 260 North 400 West, in Richfield, Friday evening from 7 to 9 p.m. and at the Ward Chapel in Fremont, Saturday from 10 to 11:30 prior to the Services. Burial will be in the Fremont Cemetery under the direction of the Springer Turner Funeral Home of Richfield and Salina, Utah.
T 7/29N 7/29
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17