What a pretty bad way for a responsible newspaper to fill a 40-inch news hole (Thursday, July 1, Page A20): Publishers Clearing House is notorious for getting good folk to believe that by subscribing to more of its magazine offerings they will get even more consideration to chosen a cash prize winner. Fat chance.
More than 10 years ago, our other newspaper did an examination of PCH when a several of its staff simultaneously were told in mailings they could be a $10,000 winner.A bit suspicious, huh?
The other paper reported the stonewalling and the pitiful premises PCH was employing.
You guys were taken. Shame.
Next time PCH or any of their ilk lay one like this again on you, tell them they can buy ad space.
You say the lottery is no good for Utah? Neither is PCH.
Robert H. Woody
Salt Lake City
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15
- Second student sues district over... 14