What a pretty bad way for a responsible newspaper to fill a 40-inch news hole (Thursday, July 1, Page A20): Publishers Clearing House is notorious for getting good folk to believe that by subscribing to more of its magazine offerings they will get even more consideration to chosen a cash prize winner. Fat chance.
More than 10 years ago, our other newspaper did an examination of PCH when a several of its staff simultaneously were told in mailings they could be a $10,000 winner.A bit suspicious, huh?
The other paper reported the stonewalling and the pitiful premises PCH was employing.
You guys were taken. Shame.
Next time PCH or any of their ilk lay one like this again on you, tell them they can buy ad space.
You say the lottery is no good for Utah? Neither is PCH.
Robert H. Woody
Salt Lake City
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Report: Communication breakdowns... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7