What a pretty bad way for a responsible newspaper to fill a 40-inch news hole (Thursday, July 1, Page A20): Publishers Clearing House is notorious for getting good folk to believe that by subscribing to more of its magazine offerings they will get even more consideration to chosen a cash prize winner. Fat chance.
More than 10 years ago, our other newspaper did an examination of PCH when a several of its staff simultaneously were told in mailings they could be a $10,000 winner.A bit suspicious, huh?
The other paper reported the stonewalling and the pitiful premises PCH was employing.
You guys were taken. Shame.
Next time PCH or any of their ilk lay one like this again on you, tell them they can buy ad space.
You say the lottery is no good for Utah? Neither is PCH.
Robert H. Woody
Salt Lake City
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Saved by the belt: Family recalls crash that...
- Cars, homes, police station damaged in...
- Internet task force makes multiple arrests...
- John Williams remembered by friends as a man...
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 82
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10