What a pretty bad way for a responsible newspaper to fill a 40-inch news hole (Thursday, July 1, Page A20): Publishers Clearing House is notorious for getting good folk to believe that by subscribing to more of its magazine offerings they will get even more consideration to chosen a cash prize winner. Fat chance.
More than 10 years ago, our other newspaper did an examination of PCH when a several of its staff simultaneously were told in mailings they could be a $10,000 winner.A bit suspicious, huh?
The other paper reported the stonewalling and the pitiful premises PCH was employing.
You guys were taken. Shame.
Next time PCH or any of their ilk lay one like this again on you, tell them they can buy ad space.
You say the lottery is no good for Utah? Neither is PCH.
Robert H. Woody
Salt Lake City
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Police: More than 100 Sanpete County homes...
- Police say man persuaded Provo High boys to...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Pentagon: Live anthrax samples mistakenly...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 37
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12