What a pretty bad way for a responsible newspaper to fill a 40-inch news hole (Thursday, July 1, Page A20): Publishers Clearing House is notorious for getting good folk to believe that by subscribing to more of its magazine offerings they will get even more consideration to chosen a cash prize winner. Fat chance.
More than 10 years ago, our other newspaper did an examination of PCH when a several of its staff simultaneously were told in mailings they could be a $10,000 winner.A bit suspicious, huh?
The other paper reported the stonewalling and the pitiful premises PCH was employing.
You guys were taken. Shame.
Next time PCH or any of their ilk lay one like this again on you, tell them they can buy ad space.
You say the lottery is no good for Utah? Neither is PCH.
Robert H. Woody
Salt Lake City
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may have just...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may... 54
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17