SOUTHAVEN, Miss. — It was an emotional night for soul singer Bobby Brown as he performed hours after learning that his ex-wife Whitney Houston had died in Beverly Hills.
Brown took to a stage in Southhaven, Miss., near Memphis, on Saturday night and only made brief remarks about Houston's death at 48.
Before thousands of fans, Brown declared: "... I would like to say, 'I love you, Whitney.' The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage."
Later in the concert Bobby Brown appeared emotionally overcome as his group — New Edition — performed a ballad. When the song began, he joined in but his voice cracked and he walked off stage. The concert ended soon afterward.
Houston and Brown had a tumultuous 15-year marriage that ended in 2007.
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- Britain mourns aid worker slain by Islamic...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 10