SOUTHAVEN, Miss. — It was an emotional night for soul singer Bobby Brown as he performed hours after learning that his ex-wife Whitney Houston had died in Beverly Hills.
Brown took to a stage in Southhaven, Miss., near Memphis, on Saturday night and only made brief remarks about Houston's death at 48.
Before thousands of fans, Brown declared: "... I would like to say, 'I love you, Whitney.' The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage."
Later in the concert Bobby Brown appeared emotionally overcome as his group — New Edition — performed a ballad. When the song began, he joined in but his voice cracked and he walked off stage. The concert ended soon afterward.
Houston and Brown had a tumultuous 15-year marriage that ended in 2007.
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay adults not...
- David Letterman leaves late night with thanks...
- Photo gallery: Atop One World Trade Center,...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead guilty to...
- The most popular boy names from 1960 to 2013
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Congressional delegation not impressing...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 83
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 30
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 24
- Sen. Lindsey Graham: 'I'm running' to... 17
- Obama bans some military-style... 16
- Official says Iraq's 'Ramadi has... 14
- Belfast baker guilty of discrimination... 13
- FTC: Family raised $187 million for... 12