SOUTHAVEN, Miss. — It was an emotional night for soul singer Bobby Brown as he performed hours after learning that his ex-wife Whitney Houston had died in Beverly Hills.
Brown took to a stage in Southhaven, Miss., near Memphis, on Saturday night and only made brief remarks about Houston's death at 48.
Before thousands of fans, Brown declared: "... I would like to say, 'I love you, Whitney.' The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage."
Later in the concert Bobby Brown appeared emotionally overcome as his group — New Edition — performed a ballad. When the song began, he joined in but his voice cracked and he walked off stage. The concert ended soon afterward.
Houston and Brown had a tumultuous 15-year marriage that ended in 2007.
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Friends, family of Dallas Ebola patient reach...
- Ana turns into hurricane off the coast of Hawaii
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Nevada spree;...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Can public officials refuse to perform...
- CDC to revise Ebola protocol, Pentagon preps...
- Police hunt for clues near where Va. remains...
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 67
- Houston subpoenas sermons in battle... 32
- Budget deficit drops to $483B, lowest... 26
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 16
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14