SOUTHAVEN, Miss. — It was an emotional night for soul singer Bobby Brown as he performed hours after learning that his ex-wife Whitney Houston had died in Beverly Hills.
Brown took to a stage in Southhaven, Miss., near Memphis, on Saturday night and only made brief remarks about Houston's death at 48.
Before thousands of fans, Brown declared: "... I would like to say, 'I love you, Whitney.' The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage."
Later in the concert Bobby Brown appeared emotionally overcome as his group — New Edition — performed a ballad. When the song began, he joined in but his voice cracked and he walked off stage. The concert ended soon afterward.
Houston and Brown had a tumultuous 15-year marriage that ended in 2007.
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal, Obama's...
- Navy dolphins discover rare 19th-century torpedo
- Tea party looks to take advantage of moment
- White House insists Obama was not involved in...
- Use of ADHD drugs as study aid raises concern...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 61
- Journalists push back against Obama... 21
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16
- White House insists Obama was not... 14
- President Obama walking a familiar path... 11
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal,... 11
- Suicide up among middle-aged Americans,... 10