SOUTHAVEN, Miss. — It was an emotional night for soul singer Bobby Brown as he performed hours after learning that his ex-wife Whitney Houston had died in Beverly Hills.
Brown took to a stage in Southhaven, Miss., near Memphis, on Saturday night and only made brief remarks about Houston's death at 48.
Before thousands of fans, Brown declared: "... I would like to say, 'I love you, Whitney.' The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage."
Later in the concert Bobby Brown appeared emotionally overcome as his group — New Edition — performed a ballad. When the song began, he joined in but his voice cracked and he walked off stage. The concert ended soon afterward.
Houston and Brown had a tumultuous 15-year marriage that ended in 2007.
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Witness: More Oklahoma bombing videos may exist
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 49
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 32
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 21
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14