ONTARIO, Calif. — The Ontario Reign scored three in the third period to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 4-0 Saturday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena to settle for a weekend split. Utah beat Ontario 2-1 Friday night to snap the Reign's seven-game winning streak.
After a scoreless first period, Ontario scored on their 20th shot of the night with 28 seconds left on a power-play to take a 1-0 lead into the third period.
They scored two goals in 40 seconds at 9:28 and 10:08 to make it 3-0, with the first one coming in a four-on-four situation. The final tally came with 4:53 left in the third period.
Utah returns home to host Las Vegas on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Students who present their ID will receive $5 lower bowl tickets at the arena box office.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37