ONTARIO, Calif. — The Ontario Reign scored three in the third period to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 4-0 Saturday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena to settle for a weekend split. Utah beat Ontario 2-1 Friday night to snap the Reign's seven-game winning streak.
After a scoreless first period, Ontario scored on their 20th shot of the night with 28 seconds left on a power-play to take a 1-0 lead into the third period.
They scored two goals in 40 seconds at 9:28 and 10:08 to make it 3-0, with the first one coming in a four-on-four situation. The final tally came with 4:53 left in the third period.
Utah returns home to host Las Vegas on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Students who present their ID will receive $5 lower bowl tickets at the arena box office.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28