Robinson gave the Wolverines, who were on a 17-2 run, their first lead since early in the game with a layup to lead 45-43.
UVU upped its lead to three, 50-47, on a bucket by Williams with 7:33 left. UVU, which went on a 24-6 run, led by as many at five at 52-47 after a long 2-pointer by Williams.
Late in the game, the Wolverines led by as many as six points by hitting 9-of-12 foul shots in the final 1:11.
For the game, the Wolverines shot 38.9 percent from the field, while Chicago State shot 45.8 percent. The Wolverines connected on 17-of-21 foul shots, while Chicago State hit just 3-of-7.
The Wolverines return to the UCCU Center Monday night when they host Montana Tech. They will then have 10 days off before hosting Houston Baptist on Feb. 23 and Texas-Pan American Feb. 25 to close out their home slate.
CARROLL 74, WESTMINSTER 65: At Helena, Mont., the Griffins had their three-game winning streak snapped despite shooting 55.6 percent from the field. The home team, though, shot 63.2 percent, including 64.7 percent after intermission.
The Griffins (18-9, 6-5 Frontier) would force Carroll (12-10, 5-5) into 16 turnovers to help them cut into a 15-point first-half deficit. After trailing 29-14 at the 5:58 mark of the opening half, Westminster would twice get within two points. They trailed 61-59 with 3:29 to play, but Carroll scored seven of the next nine points to claim the win.
AJ Reilly led four Griffins in double figures with 16 points. Reilly shot 5-of-6 from the field with two triples in 24 minutes off the bench.
Jake Orchard added 14 points, three rebounds, three assists and two steals. Tanner Gregory and Jordan Hayter scored 12 points apiece.
Andy Garland led Carroll with 26 points and nine rebounds. Ben Cutler added 20 points and Tony Dalton had 14.
Westminster will now conclude the regular season with three straight home games. That stretch begins on Feb. 18 when the Griffins welcome Lewis-Clark State into the Behnken Field House for a 7:30 p.m. tipoff.
DIXIE STATE 83, ACADEMY OF ART 65: At St. George, Maurice Cole scored 22 points while Dalton Groskruetz had 13, Solomon Jensen added 11 and Griffon Jones chipped in 10 as the Red Storm (17-4, 12-1) remain atop the PacWest standings.
SLCC 98, SNOW COLLEGE 96: At Taylorsville, the Bruins used a last second tip in by Louis Garrett to take the 98-96 win over Snow College. The Bruins (20-5, 7-3) were in control of the game with leads as large as 15 points but the win came down to a last second shot by Garrett.
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino leaves BYU...
- Hard work, dedication pay off for Utah's Karl...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- LIVE TODAY: Deseret News live streaming...
- High school softball: Copper Hills earns a...
- ESPN trivia guru: University of Utah graduate...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi beats Bingham,...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 37
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 29
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 12
- BYU basketball: Agustin Ambrosino... 11
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8