Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU knocked down 12 3-pointers and pounded Pepperdine, 86-48, Saturday at the Marriott Center.
After making just 17 of its previous 101 attempts from behind the arc, BYU was 12-of-32 against the Waves.
Senior Charles Abouo led the way with an impressive double-double, scoring 23 points, including five 3-pointers, and pulling down 12 rebounds.
Brandon Davies (13), Anson Winder (10) and Matt Carlino (10) also scored in double-figures. Winder drilled three 3-pointers.
BYU led at halftime, 46-25, and didn't let up. The Cougars opened the second half on a 21-4 run to go up 67-29.
Senior forward Noah Hartsock recorded three blocks, giving him 167 for his career, moving past Russell Larson (166) for No. 3 on BYU's all-time list.
Halftime Quick Take
PROVO — BYU just may have ended its 3-point shooting slump.
After hitting only 17-of-101 3-point attempts in its previous six games, the Cougars knocked down their first three 3-pointers and six for the half as they lead Pepperdine at intermission, 46-25.
Charles Abouo leads all scorers with 17 points, including three 3-pointers. Noah Hartsock recorded two blocks in the first half, giving him 166 for his career, and tying him with Russell Larson for No. 3 all-time in school history.
Leading 15-7, BYU enjoyed a 16-0 run to take a 31-7 advantage with nine minutes left in the half.
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Friday fracas: Trevor Booker nearly hit, gets...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19 in AP,...
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most worthy of...
- Ranking the best small forwards in the NBA:...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 65
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 44
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 29
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24
- Friday morning QB: Three stars and five... 23