Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU knocked down 12 3-pointers and pounded Pepperdine, 86-48, Saturday at the Marriott Center.
After making just 17 of its previous 101 attempts from behind the arc, BYU was 12-of-32 against the Waves.
Senior Charles Abouo led the way with an impressive double-double, scoring 23 points, including five 3-pointers, and pulling down 12 rebounds.
Brandon Davies (13), Anson Winder (10) and Matt Carlino (10) also scored in double-figures. Winder drilled three 3-pointers.
BYU led at halftime, 46-25, and didn't let up. The Cougars opened the second half on a 21-4 run to go up 67-29.
Senior forward Noah Hartsock recorded three blocks, giving him 167 for his career, moving past Russell Larson (166) for No. 3 on BYU's all-time list.
Halftime Quick Take
PROVO — BYU just may have ended its 3-point shooting slump.
After hitting only 17-of-101 3-point attempts in its previous six games, the Cougars knocked down their first three 3-pointers and six for the half as they lead Pepperdine at intermission, 46-25.
Charles Abouo leads all scorers with 17 points, including three 3-pointers. Noah Hartsock recorded two blocks in the first half, giving him 166 for his career, and tying him with Russell Larson for No. 3 all-time in school history.
Leading 15-7, BYU enjoyed a 16-0 run to take a 31-7 advantage with nine minutes left in the half.
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 46
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 43
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Should the Jazz intentionally lose to... 23