Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU knocked down 12 3-pointers and pounded Pepperdine, 86-48, Saturday at the Marriott Center.
After making just 17 of its previous 101 attempts from behind the arc, BYU was 12-of-32 against the Waves.
Senior Charles Abouo led the way with an impressive double-double, scoring 23 points, including five 3-pointers, and pulling down 12 rebounds.
Brandon Davies (13), Anson Winder (10) and Matt Carlino (10) also scored in double-figures. Winder drilled three 3-pointers.
BYU led at halftime, 46-25, and didn't let up. The Cougars opened the second half on a 21-4 run to go up 67-29.
Senior forward Noah Hartsock recorded three blocks, giving him 167 for his career, moving past Russell Larson (166) for No. 3 on BYU's all-time list.
Halftime Quick Take
PROVO — BYU just may have ended its 3-point shooting slump.
After hitting only 17-of-101 3-point attempts in its previous six games, the Cougars knocked down their first three 3-pointers and six for the half as they lead Pepperdine at intermission, 46-25.
Charles Abouo leads all scorers with 17 points, including three 3-pointers. Noah Hartsock recorded two blocks in the first half, giving him 166 for his career, and tying him with Russell Larson for No. 3 all-time in school history.
Leading 15-7, BYU enjoyed a 16-0 run to take a 31-7 advantage with nine minutes left in the half.
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- BYU looking for strong finish in... 29
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 27