UVU men's basketball: Wolverines close out road trip Saturday at Chicago State
CHICAGO — The Utah Valley University men's basketball team will look to run its winning streak to a school-record 10 games at 1 p.m. Saturday when it visits Chicago State.
The Wolverines (16-10, 6-0) enter the game with the Cougars after beating NJIT, 99-97, in double-overtime Thursday night in New Jersey.
"Our first game with Chicago State was a real battle, and they continue to improve," UVU basketball coach Dick Hunsaker said. "We're going to have to get our emotions adjusted from Thursday night with the short turnaround."
The Wolverines, who haven't lost since Jan. 3, beat Chicago State, 65-56, on Jan. 26 in Orem.
In that win, Holton Hunsaker paced the Wolverines with 18 points, while Isiah Williams added 13 points, and Keith Thompson and Geddes Robinson added 12 and 10 points, respectively. Robinson also hauled in a game-high 16 boards.
Jeremy Robinson leads the Cougars with 14.1 points and is second in rebounding with 7.2.
The game can be heard live on 960 AM The Zone.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7