UVU men's basketball: Wolverines close out road trip Saturday at Chicago State
CHICAGO — The Utah Valley University men's basketball team will look to run its winning streak to a school-record 10 games at 1 p.m. Saturday when it visits Chicago State.
The Wolverines (16-10, 6-0) enter the game with the Cougars after beating NJIT, 99-97, in double-overtime Thursday night in New Jersey.
"Our first game with Chicago State was a real battle, and they continue to improve," UVU basketball coach Dick Hunsaker said. "We're going to have to get our emotions adjusted from Thursday night with the short turnaround."
The Wolverines, who haven't lost since Jan. 3, beat Chicago State, 65-56, on Jan. 26 in Orem.
In that win, Holton Hunsaker paced the Wolverines with 18 points, while Isiah Williams added 13 points, and Keith Thompson and Geddes Robinson added 12 and 10 points, respectively. Robinson also hauled in a game-high 16 boards.
Jeremy Robinson leads the Cougars with 14.1 points and is second in rebounding with 7.2.
The game can be heard live on 960 AM The Zone.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22