UVU men's basketball: Wolverines close out road trip Saturday at Chicago State
CHICAGO — The Utah Valley University men's basketball team will look to run its winning streak to a school-record 10 games at 1 p.m. Saturday when it visits Chicago State.
The Wolverines (16-10, 6-0) enter the game with the Cougars after beating NJIT, 99-97, in double-overtime Thursday night in New Jersey.
"Our first game with Chicago State was a real battle, and they continue to improve," UVU basketball coach Dick Hunsaker said. "We're going to have to get our emotions adjusted from Thursday night with the short turnaround."
The Wolverines, who haven't lost since Jan. 3, beat Chicago State, 65-56, on Jan. 26 in Orem.
In that win, Holton Hunsaker paced the Wolverines with 18 points, while Isiah Williams added 13 points, and Keith Thompson and Geddes Robinson added 12 and 10 points, respectively. Robinson also hauled in a game-high 16 boards.
Jeremy Robinson leads the Cougars with 14.1 points and is second in rebounding with 7.2.
The game can be heard live on 960 AM The Zone.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Believe it or not: QB Travis Wilson is set to...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 66
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 24
- Utes get it done at home again 21