UVU men's basketball: Wolverines close out road trip Saturday at Chicago State
CHICAGO — The Utah Valley University men's basketball team will look to run its winning streak to a school-record 10 games at 1 p.m. Saturday when it visits Chicago State.
The Wolverines (16-10, 6-0) enter the game with the Cougars after beating NJIT, 99-97, in double-overtime Thursday night in New Jersey.
"Our first game with Chicago State was a real battle, and they continue to improve," UVU basketball coach Dick Hunsaker said. "We're going to have to get our emotions adjusted from Thursday night with the short turnaround."
The Wolverines, who haven't lost since Jan. 3, beat Chicago State, 65-56, on Jan. 26 in Orem.
In that win, Holton Hunsaker paced the Wolverines with 18 points, while Isiah Williams added 13 points, and Keith Thompson and Geddes Robinson added 12 and 10 points, respectively. Robinson also hauled in a game-high 16 boards.
Jeremy Robinson leads the Cougars with 14.1 points and is second in rebounding with 7.2.
The game can be heard live on 960 AM The Zone.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 45
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 40
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27