UVU men's basketball: Wolverines close out road trip Saturday at Chicago State
CHICAGO — The Utah Valley University men's basketball team will look to run its winning streak to a school-record 10 games at 1 p.m. Saturday when it visits Chicago State.
The Wolverines (16-10, 6-0) enter the game with the Cougars after beating NJIT, 99-97, in double-overtime Thursday night in New Jersey.
"Our first game with Chicago State was a real battle, and they continue to improve," UVU basketball coach Dick Hunsaker said. "We're going to have to get our emotions adjusted from Thursday night with the short turnaround."
The Wolverines, who haven't lost since Jan. 3, beat Chicago State, 65-56, on Jan. 26 in Orem.
In that win, Holton Hunsaker paced the Wolverines with 18 points, while Isiah Williams added 13 points, and Keith Thompson and Geddes Robinson added 12 and 10 points, respectively. Robinson also hauled in a game-high 16 boards.
Jeremy Robinson leads the Cougars with 14.1 points and is second in rebounding with 7.2.
The game can be heard live on 960 AM The Zone.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32