Gordon Hayward and Raja Bell each had 13 points, Devin Harris added 11 with seven assists and birthday boy Paul Millsap tallied 10 points and nine rebounds.
Utahs bench, however, only contributed 20 points in the teams low-scoring performance.
Theyre a good team, but I think we beat ourselves this game. Im not just saying that, said Millsap, who turned 27 on Friday. We had shots that we wanted, shots that we should make, including myself. A lot of easy buckets we shouldve made. We just didnt make them.
Millsap had the roughest shooting night, only going 4-for-15 from the field. As a team, Utah hit 38 of 80 field goals (47.5 percent). OKC, which used a 10-0 second-quarter run to take the lead for good, shot 47.3 percent (35-74) for the night.
I thought the guys played hard, Corbin added, we just didnt make shots.
GAME NOTES: The game was played on the one-year anniversary of Jerry Sloans resignation and Corbin becoming the Jazzs seventh head coach. Former Jazz point guard Eric Maynor is out for the season with a knee injury. Bell had a season-high three treys, increasing his 3-point streak to 13 games.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- Former Lone Peak center Justin Hamilton makes...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- 15 lessons learned from a BYU rugby game
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 72
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 44
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26