High school basketball: Ben Lomond Scots rally from 12 point deficit, beat Stansbury Stallions
Josh Hardin scored 20 points and led the Ben Lomond Scots back from a 12 point deficit to beat the Stansbury Stallions in basketball, 54-44.
Nate Watkins added 12 for the Scots, and Kirby Harris led the Stallions with 18 points on five 3-pointers.
The Stallions were coming off of recent big win against Bear River from Wednesday night where Kirby Harris scored 30 points.
Harris came out hot again, scoring 16 first half points, including two buzzer-beating 3s to end each quarter of the first half. But Harris cooled in the second half, scoring two additional points while the Scots played tough defensively.
The second half belonged to Ben Lomond's Hardin, who took over the game to help his team outscore the Stallions by 10 in the fourth quarter.
A plethora of post moves added with finesse on his mid-range jump shot made him a second-half matchup nightmare for the Stallions.
The Stallions must beat the best team in Region 11, Morgan, next Tuesday in order to earn a post season berth. Ben Lomond has already secured a spot, and is awaiting which team it will play next week.
CJ Pronk is a junior at Stansbury High School.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0