High school basketball: Ben Lomond Scots rally from 12 point deficit, beat Stansbury Stallions
Josh Hardin scored 20 points and led the Ben Lomond Scots back from a 12 point deficit to beat the Stansbury Stallions in basketball, 54-44.
Nate Watkins added 12 for the Scots, and Kirby Harris led the Stallions with 18 points on five 3-pointers.
The Stallions were coming off of recent big win against Bear River from Wednesday night where Kirby Harris scored 30 points.
Harris came out hot again, scoring 16 first half points, including two buzzer-beating 3s to end each quarter of the first half. But Harris cooled in the second half, scoring two additional points while the Scots played tough defensively.
The second half belonged to Ben Lomond's Hardin, who took over the game to help his team outscore the Stallions by 10 in the fourth quarter.
A plethora of post moves added with finesse on his mid-range jump shot made him a second-half matchup nightmare for the Stallions.
The Stallions must beat the best team in Region 11, Morgan, next Tuesday in order to earn a post season berth. Ben Lomond has already secured a spot, and is awaiting which team it will play next week.
CJ Pronk is a junior at Stansbury High School.
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball tournament
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders weigh in...
- Morning links: SI features Frank Jackson;...
- Utah Jazz: Ranking the best No. 12 picks in...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be better...
- Point guard was weak spot in '14-'15, but...
- The Clean Cut: NBA star's 2-year-old daughter...
- BYU baseball team confident entering West...
- Doug Robinson: BYU football may be... 112
- Mike Sorensen: Utah, BYU not getting a... 86
- Guest commentary: Want national... 65
- Utah Utes coaches tailor weekly... 54
- BYU's Taysom Hill, Utah's Devontae... 41
- Morning links: BYU has a shot to snap... 37
- Ranking the best quarterbacks in... 18
- Dick Harmon: Who's going to follow... 16