High school basketball: Ben Lomond Scots rally from 12 point deficit, beat Stansbury Stallions
Josh Hardin scored 20 points and led the Ben Lomond Scots back from a 12 point deficit to beat the Stansbury Stallions in basketball, 54-44.
Nate Watkins added 12 for the Scots, and Kirby Harris led the Stallions with 18 points on five 3-pointers.
The Stallions were coming off of recent big win against Bear River from Wednesday night where Kirby Harris scored 30 points.
Harris came out hot again, scoring 16 first half points, including two buzzer-beating 3s to end each quarter of the first half. But Harris cooled in the second half, scoring two additional points while the Scots played tough defensively.
The second half belonged to Ben Lomond's Hardin, who took over the game to help his team outscore the Stallions by 10 in the fourth quarter.
A plethora of post moves added with finesse on his mid-range jump shot made him a second-half matchup nightmare for the Stallions.
The Stallions must beat the best team in Region 11, Morgan, next Tuesday in order to earn a post season berth. Ben Lomond has already secured a spot, and is awaiting which team it will play next week.
CJ Pronk is a junior at Stansbury High School.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39