SALT LAKE CITY — Al Jefferson believes the Oklahoma City Thunder is the best team in the NBA.
Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant & Co. are showing why tonight at EnergySolutions Arena where they took a 49-44 lead into halftime over the Utah Jazz.
Westbrook has 15 points, while Serge Ibaka and Durant have combined for 21 points as the Thunder (20-6) took control of the game with a second-quarter surge.
Utah led 40-36 after Earl Watson and C.J. Miles hooked up for their third alley-oop play, but it quickly unravled for the Jazz.
OKC went on a 10-0 run, with Durant, Kendrick Perkins, Westbrook and Ibaka each contributing as the Thunder took a 46-40 lead.
Raja Bell leads the Jazz with 10 points, including two 3-pointers. Jefferson and Miles each have eight points, and Devin Harris has tallied six points and four assists.
OKC lost a tight game in Sacramento on Thursday night, and the 13-11 Jazz have been home for two days since falling twice on the road at New York and Indiana.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 29
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 20
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8