SALT LAKE CITY — Al Jefferson believes the Oklahoma City Thunder is the best team in the NBA.
Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant & Co. are showing why tonight at EnergySolutions Arena where they took a 49-44 lead into halftime over the Utah Jazz.
Westbrook has 15 points, while Serge Ibaka and Durant have combined for 21 points as the Thunder (20-6) took control of the game with a second-quarter surge.
Utah led 40-36 after Earl Watson and C.J. Miles hooked up for their third alley-oop play, but it quickly unravled for the Jazz.
OKC went on a 10-0 run, with Durant, Kendrick Perkins, Westbrook and Ibaka each contributing as the Thunder took a 46-40 lead.
Raja Bell leads the Jazz with 10 points, including two 3-pointers. Jefferson and Miles each have eight points, and Devin Harris has tallied six points and four assists.
OKC lost a tight game in Sacramento on Thursday night, and the 13-11 Jazz have been home for two days since falling twice on the road at New York and Indiana.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 45
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 26