Cancer survivor, mother and recording artist brings faith and humility to music
"The messages are absolutely universal. I want the youth to feel the importance of living true to the goal in their annual theme, but I am also writing these songs from my life experiences in my youth as well as adulthood. When I share these songs in a live setting, the Spirit continually testifies to me of the truthfulness of the gospel, and I believe that even I need to hear these messages and receive them into my heart," said Houskeeper.
Houskeeper's next release is "Music From a Mother's Heart."
"(It) features some of my most treasured songs that have been inspired by my sweet children and my experiences as a mother, as well as amazing people who have shown love and devotion to children," said Houskeeper. "I am very excited, as this CD covers 10 years of songs. I believe it will be enjoyed by anyone who has felt the love of a child in their own life. It will be available for Mother's Day 2012."
Houskeeper's music is available on iTunes and at retail outlets and online at Seagull Book and Deseret Book, as well as other bookstores where Mormon products are sold. For more information, visit www.lyndsihouskeeper.com.
Emily Johnson earned her Master of Professional Communication degree from Westminster College. She enjoys profiling unique people doing interesting things.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad to...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 46
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 25
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 15
- Ten Commandments come down in Oklahoma... 13