Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A resolution rededicating I-15 in Utah as Veterans Memorial Highway and urging greater appreciation of the contributions made by the nation's veterans was approved Friday by the House.
The sponsor of HCR7, Rep. Chris Herrod, R-Provo, said he wants the state's veterans "to know I have great appreciation for the service they have given." He said his own father served in Vietnam.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17