"Wicked" is coming back to Utah.
Due to its previous success in 2009, the musical will return to Capitol Theatre on July 18-Aug. 26. Tickets for the production go on sale on May 11 at 10 a.m.
"Wicked" the musical is based on the novel by Gregory Maguire. Set as a prequel to "The Wizard of Oz," it tells the story of the witches of Oz before Dorothy finds her way into the magical land. The two witches form an unlikely friendship as their lives intertwine and lead to their futures as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good.
Evening performances will be Tuesday-Thursday, 7:30 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 8 p.m.; and Sunday, 6:30 p.m. Matinees will be offered at 2 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. on Sunday.
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with One...
- Public will soon see 125-million-year-old...
- New Star Wars tabletop games announced
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers flowers,...
- There's something wonderful about old music
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- The art of improv: Creating something funny...
- Chloë Grace Moretz and music not enough...
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket... 11
- Lexi Walker sings 'Let It Go' solo with... 9
- About Utah: She showed him the light 3
- Public will soon see... 3
- MAC Commissioner: ESPN deal brings... 2
- Sherry Young: The man who delivers... 1
- The dog days of summer bring out movies... 1
- There's something wonderful about old... 1