City Creek Center means uncertainty for The Gateway
19 current or former Gateway tenants submit plans to open at new downtown development
City Creek Center will house more than 20 new-to-state or new-to-market stores, including high-end retailers like Tiffany's and Coach. It also has two anchor department stores in Macy’s and Nordstrom.
"When Sephora comes in and Nordstrom comes in, they're going to give us a lot of competition," said J.C. Kover, an employee at the beauty boutique Apothica which sits adjacent to the former McGrath's Fish House site.
Kover said a number of stores have closed their doors in preparation for a move to City Creek Center. But it’s still wait-and-see for most who work retail at The Gateway.
"They haven't really been informing us," she said. "Even in their newsletter, no one's said anything."
Although Trolley Square could feel the effects of City Creek Center opening, Restoration Hardware is the only store from the shopping center that has submitted tenent improvement permits for the new mall.
- Writers offer personal finance advice to Obama
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups on...
- Former middle-class moms choose new identity...
- Dick Harmon: Utah analytics company breaks...
- New app helps consumers purchase products...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Two new hotels announced for downtown Salt...
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled amid...
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 25
- New app helps consumers purchase... 8
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 7
- Two new hotels announced for downtown... 6
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Tea party tax returns show small... 5
- IRS probe ignored most influential... 4
- Ty Kiisel: Small-town businesses across... 4