Ogden man accused of attempting to kill 9-month-old boy
OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Monday for allegedly beating his girlfriend's infant son.
Apolinar Tzontecomani Flores, 37, was booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of attempted aggravated murder and child abuse. Police learned of the alleged abuse after he and his girlfriend went to McKay-Dee Hospital Center with the woman's 9-month-old son, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle.
"The child was unresponsive and had a traumatic brain injury," Croyle said. "(The baby) was flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center), where he was listed in critical condition."
Detectives were called out to investigate and following an interview with Flores, arrested the man. Detectives said probable cause existed that Flores had caused the injuries to the baby.
Due to Flores' immigration status, an immigration hold was placed on him at the jail. Croyle did not have additional details as to what caused the child's injuries or what Florez' immigration status.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21