Ogden man accused of attempting to kill 9-month-old boy
OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Monday for allegedly beating his girlfriend's infant son.
Apolinar Tzontecomani Flores, 37, was booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of attempted aggravated murder and child abuse. Police learned of the alleged abuse after he and his girlfriend went to McKay-Dee Hospital Center with the woman's 9-month-old son, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle.
"The child was unresponsive and had a traumatic brain injury," Croyle said. "(The baby) was flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center), where he was listed in critical condition."
Detectives were called out to investigate and following an interview with Flores, arrested the man. Detectives said probable cause existed that Flores had caused the injuries to the baby.
Due to Flores' immigration status, an immigration hold was placed on him at the jail. Croyle did not have additional details as to what caused the child's injuries or what Florez' immigration status.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14