Ogden man accused of attempting to kill 9-month-old boy
OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Monday for allegedly beating his girlfriend's infant son.
Apolinar Tzontecomani Flores, 37, was booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of attempted aggravated murder and child abuse. Police learned of the alleged abuse after he and his girlfriend went to McKay-Dee Hospital Center with the woman's 9-month-old son, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle.
"The child was unresponsive and had a traumatic brain injury," Croyle said. "(The baby) was flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center), where he was listed in critical condition."
Detectives were called out to investigate and following an interview with Flores, arrested the man. Detectives said probable cause existed that Flores had caused the injuries to the baby.
Due to Flores' immigration status, an immigration hold was placed on him at the jail. Croyle did not have additional details as to what caused the child's injuries or what Florez' immigration status.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 16
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15