Ogden man accused of attempting to kill 9-month-old boy
OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Monday for allegedly beating his girlfriend's infant son.
Apolinar Tzontecomani Flores, 37, was booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of attempted aggravated murder and child abuse. Police learned of the alleged abuse after he and his girlfriend went to McKay-Dee Hospital Center with the woman's 9-month-old son, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle.
"The child was unresponsive and had a traumatic brain injury," Croyle said. "(The baby) was flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center), where he was listed in critical condition."
Detectives were called out to investigate and following an interview with Flores, arrested the man. Detectives said probable cause existed that Flores had caused the injuries to the baby.
Due to Flores' immigration status, an immigration hold was placed on him at the jail. Croyle did not have additional details as to what caused the child's injuries or what Florez' immigration status.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9