Ogden man accused of attempting to kill 9-month-old boy
OGDEN — An Ogden man was arrested Monday for allegedly beating his girlfriend's infant son.
Apolinar Tzontecomani Flores, 37, was booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of attempted aggravated murder and child abuse. Police learned of the alleged abuse after he and his girlfriend went to McKay-Dee Hospital Center with the woman's 9-month-old son, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle.
"The child was unresponsive and had a traumatic brain injury," Croyle said. "(The baby) was flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center), where he was listed in critical condition."
Detectives were called out to investigate and following an interview with Flores, arrested the man. Detectives said probable cause existed that Flores had caused the injuries to the baby.
Due to Flores' immigration status, an immigration hold was placed on him at the jail. Croyle did not have additional details as to what caused the child's injuries or what Florez' immigration status.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'None of it matters': Family grateful after...
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14