ROY — The search for clues in the disappearance of a Layton man missing since May reached a Roy neighborhood this week, turning a residential street into a crime scene and construction zone.
Police aren't saying much about the the backyard excavation efforts at 3812 W. 4550 South that began Monday afternoon, continued Tuesday and may resume Wednesday.
Layton Police Lt. Travis Lyman said a search warrant was issued to the occupant of the rental home Monday "in relation to the Victor Flores missing persons case."
Flores was last seen May 10 in Layton, where he had been visiting with friends. Police at the time said circumstances surrounding the man's disappearance were "suspicious," and the investigation has remained active.
"We're looking for items of evidentiary value related to that case," Lyman said Tuesday.
Lyman said the occupant of the rental home, Sarah Munn, has been "a person associated with the case throughout the investigation."
He declined to offer any specifics on what crews were looking for in the backyard.
Police tape blocked off three residences on the north side of 4550 South on Tuesday afternoon — one on each side of the home being searched. Piles of dirt excavated from the backyard were dumped on the street in front of the homes.
Across the street, neighbors gathered to swap theories about what was going on, along with stories about recent occupants of the rental home.
Neighbors say it was common to see police at the home following loud arguments. On one occasion, police appeared to raid the home, said Carrie Hess, who lives across the street.
"They were constantly fighting and yelling and screaming," Hess said.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 12
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9