Ben R. Lund
Mormon Battalion: Miss the “Old Town San Diego Mormon Battalion Commemoration” last week? Well, this YouTube user has you covered. Watch as children try to write with quill pens and make bricks. Listen to some of the stories from Mormon Battalion’s history. And marvel at the costumes! Wow. Plus, one missionary describes her experiences participating in “Mormon Battalion Day” at her blog: “Saturday was Mormon Battalion day. They had a huge celebration in town square celebrating the Battalion making it to San Diego. We marched in the parade and then headed up to the Battalion and gave tours every 15 minutes from 10 a.m. to about 5 p.m. It was crazy! There was a special spirit about the day, having an extra reminder about what these amazing men did.” Awesome.
Photo help: Did you know that even if you are not submitting photos to create.lds.org, you can still “Help LDS Photos Become Findable” by putting in key words from your home computer. Click in to learn how!
Helping hands: I love watching service in action. This photo essay details a “Service Project at Nine Mile” in the Papua New Guinea Solomon Islands Mission. I didn’t know that missionaries wore white Helping Hands vests instead of yellow ones. Cool. Enjoy!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 11
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5