Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
WEST JORDAN — A 2-year-old girl was killed and her mother and another sibling were hospitalized Monday in an accident between a cement truck and a passenger car.
A call was received at 4:37 p.m. Monday about an accident at the intersection of U-111 and Old Bingham Highway, said West Jordan police officer Ian Adams. A cement truck from Metro Cement was traveling north on state Route 111 and collided with a passenger car at the intersection.
The car ended up in a field, although police are unsure if it rolled.
The mother, in her 20s, was extricated and flown by medical helicopter to University Hospital in critical condition. The youngest child, younger than 1 year old, was taken to Primary Children's Medical Center by ambulance in stable condition.
The 2-year-old daughter was taken by helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center where she died as a result of her injuries, Adams said.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16