AMERICAN FORK — A man who allegedly hit another man in the head outside of a local bar and killed him was arrested over the weekend.
Eon Clayton McNeill, 24, of American Fork, was booked into the Utah County Jail Sunday for investigation of murder. Bail for McNeill was set at $1 million, according to court documents.
American Fork Police Sgt. Gregg Ludlow said Trenton Hall was leaving Le Sabre bar around 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 28 when he was struck once in the head. Hall was taken to the hospital where he died the following Saturday as a result of his injuries.
Ludlow said the motive behind the attack is still under investigation. Police interviewed several witnesses at the scene, and after Hall's death police located McNeill and took him into custody without incident.
Court documents reveal multiple criminal charges in McNeill's history. In 2009, McNeill received a sentence of one year in jail after pleading no contest to attempted dealing in materials harmful to a minor, a class A misdemeanor, and earlier that year he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.
Ludlow said the investigation is ongoing and asked that anyone with information regarding the case contact the American Fork Police Department.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12