AMERICAN FORK — A man who allegedly hit another man in the head outside of a local bar and killed him was arrested over the weekend.
Eon Clayton McNeill, 24, of American Fork, was booked into the Utah County Jail Sunday for investigation of murder. Bail for McNeill was set at $1 million, according to court documents.
American Fork Police Sgt. Gregg Ludlow said Trenton Hall was leaving Le Sabre bar around 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 28 when he was struck once in the head. Hall was taken to the hospital where he died the following Saturday as a result of his injuries.
Ludlow said the motive behind the attack is still under investigation. Police interviewed several witnesses at the scene, and after Hall's death police located McNeill and took him into custody without incident.
Court documents reveal multiple criminal charges in McNeill's history. In 2009, McNeill received a sentence of one year in jail after pleading no contest to attempted dealing in materials harmful to a minor, a class A misdemeanor, and earlier that year he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.
Ludlow said the investigation is ongoing and asked that anyone with information regarding the case contact the American Fork Police Department.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 24
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14