AMERICAN FORK — A man who allegedly hit another man in the head outside of a local bar and killed him was arrested over the weekend.
Eon Clayton McNeill, 24, of American Fork, was booked into the Utah County Jail Sunday for investigation of murder. Bail for McNeill was set at $1 million, according to court documents.
American Fork Police Sgt. Gregg Ludlow said Trenton Hall was leaving Le Sabre bar around 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 28 when he was struck once in the head. Hall was taken to the hospital where he died the following Saturday as a result of his injuries.
Ludlow said the motive behind the attack is still under investigation. Police interviewed several witnesses at the scene, and after Hall's death police located McNeill and took him into custody without incident.
Court documents reveal multiple criminal charges in McNeill's history. In 2009, McNeill received a sentence of one year in jail after pleading no contest to attempted dealing in materials harmful to a minor, a class A misdemeanor, and earlier that year he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.
Ludlow said the investigation is ongoing and asked that anyone with information regarding the case contact the American Fork Police Department.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26