AMERICAN FORK — A man who allegedly hit another man in the head outside of a local bar and killed him was arrested over the weekend.
Eon Clayton McNeill, 24, of American Fork, was booked into the Utah County Jail Sunday for investigation of murder. Bail for McNeill was set at $1 million, according to court documents.
American Fork Police Sgt. Gregg Ludlow said Trenton Hall was leaving Le Sabre bar around 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 28 when he was struck once in the head. Hall was taken to the hospital where he died the following Saturday as a result of his injuries.
Ludlow said the motive behind the attack is still under investigation. Police interviewed several witnesses at the scene, and after Hall's death police located McNeill and took him into custody without incident.
Court documents reveal multiple criminal charges in McNeill's history. In 2009, McNeill received a sentence of one year in jail after pleading no contest to attempted dealing in materials harmful to a minor, a class A misdemeanor, and earlier that year he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.
Ludlow said the investigation is ongoing and asked that anyone with information regarding the case contact the American Fork Police Department.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14