AMERICAN FORK — A man who allegedly hit another man in the head outside of a local bar and killed him was arrested over the weekend.
Eon Clayton McNeill, 24, of American Fork, was booked into the Utah County Jail Sunday for investigation of murder. Bail for McNeill was set at $1 million, according to court documents.
American Fork Police Sgt. Gregg Ludlow said Trenton Hall was leaving Le Sabre bar around 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 28 when he was struck once in the head. Hall was taken to the hospital where he died the following Saturday as a result of his injuries.
Ludlow said the motive behind the attack is still under investigation. Police interviewed several witnesses at the scene, and after Hall's death police located McNeill and took him into custody without incident.
Court documents reveal multiple criminal charges in McNeill's history. In 2009, McNeill received a sentence of one year in jail after pleading no contest to attempted dealing in materials harmful to a minor, a class A misdemeanor, and earlier that year he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct.
Ludlow said the investigation is ongoing and asked that anyone with information regarding the case contact the American Fork Police Department.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23