PORTLAND, Ore. — Craig Cusick has come off the bench to score 10 points and BYU leads Portland at halftime, 32-27, at the Chiles Center.
The Cougars took an early 6-0 lead but gave up five consecutive points. The two teams traded baskets for several minutes before Cusick entered the game. He provided BYU with a boost and his second 3-pointer put the Cougars up 21-14.
The Pilots fought back and cut the deficit to two, 29-27 with two minutes remaining.
BYU is shooting just 38.5 percent from the field. The Cougars' 3-point shooting woes continue, as they've made just 3-of-9.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25