More charges for man accused in Mount Pleasant robbery, Wendover carjacking
SALT LAKE CITY — More charges have been filed against one of the main suspects in the double homicide of a Mt. Pleasant couple, but charges are unrelated to the deaths.
Logan Welles McFarland, 24, is accused of going on a crime spree with Angela Hill, aka Angela Atwood, stretching from Fairview to Wells, Nev. But recent charges suggest McFarland's crime may have begun much earlier.
Last week, McFarland was charged in 3rd District Court with identity fraud, unlawful acquisition of a credit card and unlawful use of a credit card.
According to investigators, from Sept. 4-6, McFarland made at least four trips to banks and ATMs, withdrawing more than $1,300 from the account of another man, according to court records.
He also opened a Discover card account under the other man's name and made about $500 worth of purchases, charging documents state.
McFarland is currently in the Elko County Jail on kidnapping and robbery charges stemming from a carjacking attempt in Wendover, Nev., followed by a car theft in Wells, Nev., and a high speed chase with police.
In Utah, McFarland has also been charged with burglary, a second-degree felony, at the home of a retired Mt. Pleasant couple, Woody and Ann Fullwood, who were found shot to death Dec. 31. He and Hill are suspects in their deaths, according to court documents.
On Jan. 10, he was charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief in Utah County for an April 2011 incident.
McFarland and Hill were arrested in a remote area of Nevada between Wendover and Wells after they were spotted walking in the desert.
In addition to kidnapping, Hill, 25, has also been charged in Nevada with attempted murder after prosecutors say she shot the woman she had carjacked after the woman tried to escape. She waived extradition back to Utah during a hearing in Elko on Jan. 6. McFarland chose to fight extradition.
In Utah, she was also charged with burglarizing another Mt. Pleasant home Dec. 28.
- LDS Church names Elder Clayton new senior...
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit filed by...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason polygamy...
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- SUU mourns loss of aviation instructors...
- Farr West woman found dead in home, foul play...
- BYU student injured in bounce house accident...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 40
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 33
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 30
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 14