Orem-based startup accelerator BoomStartup announced a 50 percent increase from last year in the program's investment capital, as well as an increase in the technology provided to startup companies.
BoomStartup increased its seed invest for this year to $20,000. The company also has provided more than $80,000 in technology, office space and other professional services to help accelerate startup growth.
“The lean startup approach makes accelerator programs such as BoomStartup more attractive than traditional venture capital to many entrepreneurs. Ideas have a greater propensity to turn into real businesses and provide a real return when entrepreneurs have the mentoring and resources to keep their focus on quickest path to revenue," said Rob Kunz, co-founder of BoomStartup, in a statement.
BoomStartup announced its third mentorship-driven investment program during a technology event held today.
Experts in lean startup principles Steve Blank and Alex Osterwalder attended the event.
The program will end with a day dedicated to participants pitching to more than 100 different investors and venture capitalists.
BoomStartup will select 10 companies to receive these services in its 2012 program. Companies interested in participating must apply online by April 15.
BoomStartup is considered to be one of the top 15 startup accelerators in the United States. The company's focus is to supply money and mentoring to help technology businesses grow.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- 12 kinds of office emails you'll get tonight
- UTA to upgrade downtown Salt Lake TRAX stations
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in Moab...
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in mid-air
- Small business survey results indicate...
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 13
- 12 women who should be on dollar bills 11
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- New grant money helps combat air pollution 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 3
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 2