OGDEN — Weber State football coach John L. Smith was hired late in the recruiting process after Ron McBride's retirement this offseason, but he likes the recruits he signed Wednesday.
Smith signed 18 kids in this class with possibly a few more to come. The Wildcats were able to sign six in-state players:
-- DE AJ Wilcox out of Syracuse High School
-- CB Davonte Maez out of Hunter High School
-- DL Shane Oliverson out of Preston High School (Idaho)
-- OL Austin Mikkelson out of Pine View High School
-- QB Breck Lewis out of Spanish Fork High School
-- DE Siamani Harris out of Hunter High School
Smith believes that some of the incoming freshmen have a chance to make immediate impacts in 2012.
Weber State signing day 2012
Trevor Amicone takes a look at John L. Smith's first recruiting class as Weber State's head football coach.
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- National champion Sam Mikulak leads US men's...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 50
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 16