Marijuana smoke-filled home leads to multiple charges for parents
SALT LAKE CITY — Police say a search warrant revealed a home filled with marijuana smoke, a handgun and several pounds of pot, prompting charges against the parents who had a 3-year-old child and an infant living in those conditions, courts documents state.
Both Flyriver Manuelle Soaia, 30, and Gina Soai, 29, were charged Thursday in 3rd District Court with two-third degree felony counts of child endangerment based on allegations stemming from a search of their Salt Lake City home last December.
Additionally, Flyriver Soaia faces prosecution on first-degree felony and second-degree felony charges of possession with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm by a restricted person, a third-degree felony.
A warrant obtained by Davis Metro Narcotics was served Dec. 18 at the home on Independence Boulevard in Salt Lake County, which police said smelled strongly of marijuana. According to the charges, officers found thousands in cash at the home, a handgun in a safe and several pounds of marijuana stashed in various bags or other locations. In addition, the charges said evidence was seized such as an "owe sheet" and small baggies supportive of a dealing operation.
Court records show that Flyriver Soaia was convicted in 2006 of a drug-related charge.
The state Division of Child and Family Services is now involved in this case.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15