Carbon County sheriff's captain person of interest in South Salt Lake vandalism case
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A Carbon County sheriff's captain has been placed on administrative leave after being named a person of interest in connection with an incident of vandalism.
Guy Adams is considered the second in command to Sheriff James Cordova. Cordova confirmed Wednesday that Adams has been placed on leave.
Around 4 p.m. on Jan. 6, three vehicles parked at a vehicle equipment business at 3838 S. 250 West were vandalized, said South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller. Evidence at the scene led investigators to Adams.
"He was contacted and cooperated fully," Keller said of Adams. "He has been named a person of interest. That's where we are with him."
Keller would not elaborate as to the nature of the evidence or what the alleged vandalism involved.
When police complete their investigation into the incident, they will turn their findings over to prosecutors for screening. Which office screens the case will depend on the total estimated damage to the three vehicles, Keller said.
"We're going to treat this as we would any other crime in South Salt Lake," Keller said, adding that there have been no arrests or charges filed. "Our direction and focus is on the crime that occurred in South Salt Lake."
An internal investigation is also being conducted by the sheriff's office, Cordova said.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 59
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 42
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 42
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 16
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 16