Carbon County sheriff's captain person of interest in South Salt Lake vandalism case
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A Carbon County sheriff's captain has been placed on administrative leave after being named a person of interest in connection with an incident of vandalism.
Guy Adams is considered the second in command to Sheriff James Cordova. Cordova confirmed Wednesday that Adams has been placed on leave.
Around 4 p.m. on Jan. 6, three vehicles parked at a vehicle equipment business at 3838 S. 250 West were vandalized, said South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller. Evidence at the scene led investigators to Adams.
"He was contacted and cooperated fully," Keller said of Adams. "He has been named a person of interest. That's where we are with him."
Keller would not elaborate as to the nature of the evidence or what the alleged vandalism involved.
When police complete their investigation into the incident, they will turn their findings over to prosecutors for screening. Which office screens the case will depend on the total estimated damage to the three vehicles, Keller said.
"We're going to treat this as we would any other crime in South Salt Lake," Keller said, adding that there have been no arrests or charges filed. "Our direction and focus is on the crime that occurred in South Salt Lake."
An internal investigation is also being conducted by the sheriff's office, Cordova said.
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- SUU flight instructors die in plane crash...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be named...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version 2.0,...
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason polygamy...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 55
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 39
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 23
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 16
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 14