City Creek, City Creek
SALT LAKE CITY — Nordstrom announced this week it will hire 200 employees for its new City Creek Center store downtown.
The positions announced include women's, men's and children's apparel, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, and other support positions in housekeeping, alterations, restaurant and espresso bar. Hiring began Monday, and information is available online at careers.nordstrom.com.
The two-story, 125,000-square-foot store will open March 22, a month after the closing of the University Mall store in Orem. John Bailey, spokesman for Nordstrom, said so far, nine of the 33 department manager positions at the City Creek location are being filled by employees from the University Mall store.
Macy's is also hiring for its new City Creek Center location. The department store also began hiring Monday to fill approximately 155 positions. Those interested in applying can visit macysjobs.com.
Dee Brewer, marketing and sponsorship director for City Creek, said the new development will employ a total of 2,000 people. Harmons grocery store is also opening a store east of City Creek Center on 100 South on Feb. 15. Harmons employs 150 to 200 associates in a typical store.
"The entire Central Business District stands to benefit when more people choose to come downtown for shopping, dining and entertainment," Brewer said. "New stores and restaurants have opened downtown this year in anticipation of the surge in shopper volume."
Nordstrom operates three other Utah locations: a full-line department store at the Fashion Place mall in Murray, Nordstrom Rack in Sugar House and the Commons at South Towne Center in Sandy.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10