City Creek, City Creek
SALT LAKE CITY — Nordstrom announced this week it will hire 200 employees for its new City Creek Center store downtown.
The positions announced include women's, men's and children's apparel, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, and other support positions in housekeeping, alterations, restaurant and espresso bar. Hiring began Monday, and information is available online at careers.nordstrom.com.
The two-story, 125,000-square-foot store will open March 22, a month after the closing of the University Mall store in Orem. John Bailey, spokesman for Nordstrom, said so far, nine of the 33 department manager positions at the City Creek location are being filled by employees from the University Mall store.
Macy's is also hiring for its new City Creek Center location. The department store also began hiring Monday to fill approximately 155 positions. Those interested in applying can visit macysjobs.com.
Dee Brewer, marketing and sponsorship director for City Creek, said the new development will employ a total of 2,000 people. Harmons grocery store is also opening a store east of City Creek Center on 100 South on Feb. 15. Harmons employs 150 to 200 associates in a typical store.
"The entire Central Business District stands to benefit when more people choose to come downtown for shopping, dining and entertainment," Brewer said. "New stores and restaurants have opened downtown this year in anticipation of the surge in shopper volume."
Nordstrom operates three other Utah locations: a full-line department store at the Fashion Place mall in Murray, Nordstrom Rack in Sugar House and the Commons at South Towne Center in Sandy.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15