City Creek, City Creek
SALT LAKE CITY — Nordstrom announced this week it will hire 200 employees for its new City Creek Center store downtown.
The positions announced include women's, men's and children's apparel, shoes, accessories, cosmetics, and other support positions in housekeeping, alterations, restaurant and espresso bar. Hiring began Monday, and information is available online at careers.nordstrom.com.
The two-story, 125,000-square-foot store will open March 22, a month after the closing of the University Mall store in Orem. John Bailey, spokesman for Nordstrom, said so far, nine of the 33 department manager positions at the City Creek location are being filled by employees from the University Mall store.
Macy's is also hiring for its new City Creek Center location. The department store also began hiring Monday to fill approximately 155 positions. Those interested in applying can visit macysjobs.com.
Dee Brewer, marketing and sponsorship director for City Creek, said the new development will employ a total of 2,000 people. Harmons grocery store is also opening a store east of City Creek Center on 100 South on Feb. 15. Harmons employs 150 to 200 associates in a typical store.
"The entire Central Business District stands to benefit when more people choose to come downtown for shopping, dining and entertainment," Brewer said. "New stores and restaurants have opened downtown this year in anticipation of the surge in shopper volume."
Nordstrom operates three other Utah locations: a full-line department store at the Fashion Place mall in Murray, Nordstrom Rack in Sugar House and the Commons at South Towne Center in Sandy.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13