Gary Brackett, a linebacker with the Indianapolis Colts, was featured recently in the Indianapolis Recorder for keeping his faith in God through his many trials.
According to the article, right after signing with the Colts, he lost his father to a heart attack. Three months later his mother passed away after suffering a stroke in the recovery room following a routine hysterectomy. Soon after, his brother was diagnosed with T-cell leukemia and died a few months later.
Through it all, however, he relied on his faith in God.
"My mother was an ordained reverend and always told us about the importance of faith and being a faithful believer and (the power) of prayer," he told the Recorder. "When I'm dealing with tragedies or injuries, I give it to God. I believe that what is for me is for me."
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad to...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 46
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 26
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 15
- Community of Christ recommends... 14