Gary Brackett, a linebacker with the Indianapolis Colts, was featured recently in the Indianapolis Recorder for keeping his faith in God through his many trials.
According to the article, right after signing with the Colts, he lost his father to a heart attack. Three months later his mother passed away after suffering a stroke in the recovery room following a routine hysterectomy. Soon after, his brother was diagnosed with T-cell leukemia and died a few months later.
Through it all, however, he relied on his faith in God.
"My mother was an ordained reverend and always told us about the importance of faith and being a faithful believer and (the power) of prayer," he told the Recorder. "When I'm dealing with tragedies or injuries, I give it to God. I believe that what is for me is for me."
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 69
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 18
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3
- LDS missionaries share messages about... 2
- Cracks in the ‘stained-glass... 2
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence 2