Many outdoor enthusiasts enjoy activities with four-legged dog campanions and recognize the importance of protective wear for their pets.
An Oregon-based company called Ruff Wear introduced two products at the Outdoor Retailers show designed to tackle harsh winter weather, including the Polar Trex dog boots and the redesign of a dog coat.
The company's Cloud Chaser dog coat features a water-resistant material top, allowing water to run down the dog's back, and designed to not interfere with normal functions.
For cross country skiers, the company offers the OmniJore joring system. With a harness for the skier and his dog, the product allows the two to work in tandem, pulling and pushing together.
Ruff Wear retails dog life vests, coats and boots, and the products are built by dog-owning outdoor adventerers.
Ruff Wear products are available through specialty pet and outdoor retailers as well as through www.ruffwear.com.
Tyler Tate is the owner and writer of T Squared Action Sports. Follow him on Twitter @TSquaredSports or online www.tsquaredsports.com
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and current...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In faith communities, fraudsters prey on trust
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that health...
- As times get better can you keep a leash on...
- Debating the validity of an unpaid internship
- New one-of-a-kind printer aims to aid health...
- Millennials relying on prepaid cards and...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 20
- Want a better return on your college... 17
- Sen. Hatch: Gov't report shows that... 8
- Efforts to stop excavation at Point of... 8
- Men's Wearhouse fires founder and... 4
- Immigration reform would improve... 3
- Got weeds? Hire a goat 2
- Private school in Texas gives students... 2