Many outdoor enthusiasts enjoy activities with four-legged dog campanions and recognize the importance of protective wear for their pets.
An Oregon-based company called Ruff Wear introduced two products at the Outdoor Retailers show designed to tackle harsh winter weather, including the Polar Trex dog boots and the redesign of a dog coat.
The company's Cloud Chaser dog coat features a water-resistant material top, allowing water to run down the dog's back, and designed to not interfere with normal functions.
For cross country skiers, the company offers the OmniJore joring system. With a harness for the skier and his dog, the product allows the two to work in tandem, pulling and pushing together.
Ruff Wear retails dog life vests, coats and boots, and the products are built by dog-owning outdoor adventerers.
Ruff Wear products are available through specialty pet and outdoor retailers as well as through www.ruffwear.com.
Tyler Tate is the owner and writer of T Squared Action Sports. Follow him on Twitter @TSquaredSports or online www.tsquaredsports.com
- Restaurants experimenting with pay-in-advance...
- Permits available for Arches National Park
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in mid-air
- Capitol Reef National Park to mark Wilderness...
- Uintah County residents clean up after...
- Summer storms scrub ozone pollution
- Party in the Park: Conservation Garden Park...
- New grant money helps combat air pollution