Many outdoor enthusiasts enjoy activities with four-legged dog campanions and recognize the importance of protective wear for their pets.
An Oregon-based company called Ruff Wear introduced two products at the Outdoor Retailers show designed to tackle harsh winter weather, including the Polar Trex dog boots and the redesign of a dog coat.
The company's Cloud Chaser dog coat features a water-resistant material top, allowing water to run down the dog's back, and designed to not interfere with normal functions.
For cross country skiers, the company offers the OmniJore joring system. With a harness for the skier and his dog, the product allows the two to work in tandem, pulling and pushing together.
Ruff Wear retails dog life vests, coats and boots, and the products are built by dog-owning outdoor adventerers.
Ruff Wear products are available through specialty pet and outdoor retailers as well as through www.ruffwear.com.
Tyler Tate is the owner and writer of T Squared Action Sports. Follow him on Twitter @TSquaredSports or online www.tsquaredsports.com
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of...
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 29
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4