Many outdoor enthusiasts enjoy activities with four-legged dog campanions and recognize the importance of protective wear for their pets.
An Oregon-based company called Ruff Wear introduced two products at the Outdoor Retailers show designed to tackle harsh winter weather, including the Polar Trex dog boots and the redesign of a dog coat.
The company's Cloud Chaser dog coat features a water-resistant material top, allowing water to run down the dog's back, and designed to not interfere with normal functions.
For cross country skiers, the company offers the OmniJore joring system. With a harness for the skier and his dog, the product allows the two to work in tandem, pulling and pushing together.
Ruff Wear retails dog life vests, coats and boots, and the products are built by dog-owning outdoor adventerers.
Ruff Wear products are available through specialty pet and outdoor retailers as well as through www.ruffwear.com.
Tyler Tate is the owner and writer of T Squared Action Sports. Follow him on Twitter @TSquaredSports or online www.tsquaredsports.com
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Bitcoin controversy marks Newsweek's comeback
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- Doug Robinson: Gail Miller — Carrying...
- David Sturt: Have you failed enough?
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 13
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 12
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 10
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Demolition underway on major downtown... 5
- House approves convention hotel bill 4
- Carry-on crackdown: United Airlines... 3
- House backs bill to block EPA rule... 3