BYU football: Top in-state OL recruit still considering Cougars
» Follow the Deseret News sports team for more BYU football signing day coverage.
PLEASANT GROVE — Brandon Fanaika, the state's top offensive lineman prospect who previously committed to Stanford, says he's now reconsidering just days before letter of intent day.
Following an official visit to Utah on Jan. 20, the 6-foot-3, 290-pound prospect went public that he was still considering the Utes and could very well sign with them this Wednesday. Today he sent out a text stating, "BYU is in the pic now."
BYU offered Fanaika following his attendance at Junior Day this past June. Fanaika reported as many as nine offers and is rated as a three-star prospect by both rivals and scout.com.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 42
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 8
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7