BYU football: Top in-state OL recruit still considering Cougars
» Follow the Deseret News sports team for more BYU football signing day coverage.
PLEASANT GROVE — Brandon Fanaika, the state's top offensive lineman prospect who previously committed to Stanford, says he's now reconsidering just days before letter of intent day.
Following an official visit to Utah on Jan. 20, the 6-foot-3, 290-pound prospect went public that he was still considering the Utes and could very well sign with them this Wednesday. Today he sent out a text stating, "BYU is in the pic now."
BYU offered Fanaika following his attendance at Junior Day this past June. Fanaika reported as many as nine offers and is rated as a three-star prospect by both rivals and scout.com.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25