BYU football: Top in-state OL recruit still considering Cougars
» Follow the Deseret News sports team for more BYU football signing day coverage.
PLEASANT GROVE — Brandon Fanaika, the state's top offensive lineman prospect who previously committed to Stanford, says he's now reconsidering just days before letter of intent day.
Following an official visit to Utah on Jan. 20, the 6-foot-3, 290-pound prospect went public that he was still considering the Utes and could very well sign with them this Wednesday. Today he sent out a text stating, "BYU is in the pic now."
BYU offered Fanaika following his attendance at Junior Day this past June. Fanaika reported as many as nine offers and is rated as a three-star prospect by both rivals and scout.com.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18