PROVO — BYU's hopes of knocking off No. 21 Saint Mary's aren't looking good at halftime.
The Gaels lead the Cougars at intermission, 40-28, at the Marriott Center.
BYU has been plagued by turnovers (10) and poor 3-point shooting (1-for-7), while Saint Mary's is shooting 54 percent from the field, including 5-of-13 from 3-point territory.
While star guard Matthew Dellavedova has been held scoreless in the first half, Clint Steindl has come off the bench to score 14 points, including four 3-pointers.
BYU is being led by Brandon Davies and Noah Hartsock, who each have nine points.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15