VERNON, Tooele County — An 18-year-old Tooele man critically injured in a rollover crash Friday died Saturday.
Trenten Crawford was flown by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center after rolling his car on northbound state Route 36 around 10 p.m. Friday, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. He succumbed to his injuries early Saturday.
Crawford was experiencing "diabetic problems" and was reaching down for something to eat or drink when his car drifted from the roadway, prompting him to overcorrect. The car then rotated, slid off of the road and rolled several times ejecting Crawford and an 18-year-old female passenger.
The UHP reported the pair was not wearing seatbelts. The female was transported to the hospital in serious condition.
A third passenger, 20, was not ejected and sustained only minor injuries.
The crash is currently under investigation.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 15
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9