VERNON, Tooele County — An 18-year-old Tooele man critically injured in a rollover crash Friday died Saturday.
Trenten Crawford was flown by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center after rolling his car on northbound state Route 36 around 10 p.m. Friday, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. He succumbed to his injuries early Saturday.
Crawford was experiencing "diabetic problems" and was reaching down for something to eat or drink when his car drifted from the roadway, prompting him to overcorrect. The car then rotated, slid off of the road and rolled several times ejecting Crawford and an 18-year-old female passenger.
The UHP reported the pair was not wearing seatbelts. The female was transported to the hospital in serious condition.
A third passenger, 20, was not ejected and sustained only minor injuries.
The crash is currently under investigation.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14