VERNON, Tooele County — An 18-year-old Tooele man critically injured in a rollover crash Friday died Saturday.
Trenten Crawford was flown by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center after rolling his car on northbound state Route 36 around 10 p.m. Friday, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. He succumbed to his injuries early Saturday.
Crawford was experiencing "diabetic problems" and was reaching down for something to eat or drink when his car drifted from the roadway, prompting him to overcorrect. The car then rotated, slid off of the road and rolled several times ejecting Crawford and an 18-year-old female passenger.
The UHP reported the pair was not wearing seatbelts. The female was transported to the hospital in serious condition.
A third passenger, 20, was not ejected and sustained only minor injuries.
The crash is currently under investigation.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7