VERNON, Tooele County — An 18-year-old Tooele man critically injured in a rollover crash Friday died Saturday.
Trenten Crawford was flown by medical helicopter to Intermountain Medical Center after rolling his car on northbound state Route 36 around 10 p.m. Friday, the Utah Highway Patrol reported. He succumbed to his injuries early Saturday.
Crawford was experiencing "diabetic problems" and was reaching down for something to eat or drink when his car drifted from the roadway, prompting him to overcorrect. The car then rotated, slid off of the road and rolled several times ejecting Crawford and an 18-year-old female passenger.
The UHP reported the pair was not wearing seatbelts. The female was transported to the hospital in serious condition.
A third passenger, 20, was not ejected and sustained only minor injuries.
The crash is currently under investigation.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15