OREM — Utah Valley University will carry its five-game winning streak into a Great West Conference matchup with New Jersey Institute of Technology on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. in the UCCU Center. The game can be heard live on 960 AM the Zone and will air on UVU TV.
The Highlanders (9-10, 2-1) dropped an 80-63 contest at University of North Dakota on Thursday but come in having won three of their last four games.
"NJIT is experienced and athletic," UVU head coach Dick Hunsaker said. "They score from multiple positions and ways on the court, putting a lot of pressure on our defensive matchups."
Isaiah Wilkerson scored 20 for NJIT at UND and leads the GWC with 16.1 points per game. Chris Flores, who on Monday was named the conference's Player of the Week for the second time in the past three weeks, averages 12.6 ppg.
UVU's Isiah Williams ranks third in the Great West with 14.7 ppg, while Robinson's 10.6 rebounds per contest ranks first in the league and 12th in the nation.
The game against NJIT caps a four-game homestand for UVU. Next week, the Wolverines begin a string of four straight on the road in the GWC with a trip into the Lone Star state at University of Texas-Pan American (Feb. 2) and Houston Baptist (Feb. 4).
The first 250 fans into Saturday's game will receive a pink T-shirt in support of Coaches vs. Cancer Suits & Sneakers. The Wolverines will also be wearing their new pink uniforms for the second straight time. Following the game, singer Kalai will perform an acoustic show for everyone in attendance.
Clint Burgi is the assistant athletic director for sports information at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit http://www.WolverineGreen.com
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22