DALLAS — The defending NBA champions began tonight's game without Dirk Nowitzki, and Jason Kidd left a couple of minutes into the first quarter.
Their absence hasn't been noticed on the American Airlines Center scoreboard.
The Mavericks lead Utah 58-50 at halftime and are 24 minutes away from beating the Jazz for the sixth time in a row.
Guard Rodrigue Beaubois has filled the offensive gap left by Nowitzki and Kidd just fine, scoring 16 points.
Vince Carter has 11 points in his return, and Jason Terry has chipped in with eight.
The Jazz have been fine offensively, with Al Jefferson coming back from his ankle injury to score 12 points and former Dallas guard Devin Harris adding 10.
But Dallas has shot 59.5 percent, including a 5-for-9 half from 3-point range.
Raja Bell has scored five points after his availability for tonight's game was in question because of a sore back and right knee.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7