"HANG 'EM HIGH: A Secret Sisters Mystery," by Tristi Pinkston, Walnut Springs Press, $16.99, 249 pages (f)
The fourth book in the Secret Sisters Mysteries series “Hang ‘Em High” by Tristi Pinkston is a fun-filled mystery with unforgettable characters and a suspenseful plot.
Taking place at a dude ranch in Montana, Ida Mae Babbitt is about to reunite with her son, Keith, after years of not speaking to each other. She is excited to mend their broken relationship and hopefully work toward becoming a family again.
Bringing her best friends Arlette and Tansy along, Ida Mae expects to have a quiet trip, one that is devoid of dead bodies or unusual mysteries. Needless to say, she is surprised when an unusual man comes to town and starts trouble on the ranch. Ida Mae cannot help herself and she and her friends begin to investigate the abnormal events that are occurring.
With humorous and entertaining details, these three elderly women work to catch the bad guy and save the ranch as Ida Mae tries fix her relationship with her son.
“Hang ‘Em High” is an easy read that will appeal to those of all ages. The fearsome trio of women are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which makes the story even more appealing. Though outrageous at times, the author captivates the reader with the plot twists in the story.
Perhaps the most striking part of the book is the clean storyline. Those who are wary of books with questionable plot lines will not have to worry about “Hang ‘Em High.” Pinkston keeps her readers entertained without using questionable antics.
A graduate of Brigham Young University, Pinkston is a popular presenter at the LDS Storymakers Writers Conference. "Hang 'Em High" is her eighth published book.
Though not comparable to Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie, “Hang ‘Em High” is a lively mystery.
Shelby Scoffield is a graduate of Brigham Young University and a graduate student at California State University, Stanislaus.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 71
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 60
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 42
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 27
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 13