"ADAM-ONDI-AHMAM AND THE LAST DAYS," by Randall C. Bird, Cedar Fort, $8.99, 77 pages (nf)
Randall C. Bird’s recent book, “Adam-ondi-Ahman and the Last Days,” contains well-researched information about a place and events that are a mystery to many.
Located 25 miles north of Far West in Daviess County, Mo., the property known as Adam-ondi-Ahman is owned and cared for by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For the past 30 years the LDS Church has improved and cultivated the property, according to the book.
Among many interesting tidbits of information, students of the Book of Mormon will find a reference to the prophet Moroni and his travels in North America, which likely included a visit to Adam-ondi-Ahman.
Bird has divided the book into two parts — one describes the place and its name, and the other describes four significant time periods associated with the place.
Several black-and-white photos of the site, a table and two small hand-drawn maps illustrate the book. Eight and a half pages of endnotes include references for additional study.
In a mere 77 pages, Bird has condensed a treasure trove of little known information that leaves the reader with much to study and contemplate.
Bell taught seminary and institute for the LDS Church Educational System for 37 years and was manager of seminary curriculum. He and his family currently live in Layton.
Rosemarie Howard lives in a 100-year-old house on Main Street, Springville. She enjoys creating multimedia content. Her website is at www.dramaticdimensions.com.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 101
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 56
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 27
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 12
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8