Shaun Nua is leaving BYU to take a job as an assistant at the Naval Academy. Nua has spent the past two seasons with the Cougars as a graduate assistant.
Nua, who was hired by coach Ken Niumatalolo, will assist Dale Pehrson in coaching the defensive line.
"Shaun is a bright and enthusiastic coach and I'm very excited to have him join our staff," said Niumatalolo. "He is a man of character and coaches with a great deal of passion. I went to BYU last spring to watch a couple of spring practices and he immediately caught my attention with the way he coached. He will be a great asset."
More empirical evidence that independence has provided the Cougars with unprecedented exposure: BYU is tied for the tenth most national broadcasts in the 2011 regular season, according to Gregory Welch, a KSL.com contributor.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- High school football: Friday's playoff roundup
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32