Blue roundup: ACC win behind them, St. Mary's in front
Matt Gentry, Associated Press
BYU earned its first-ever road victory against an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent Wednesday night with a thrilling 70-68 win at Virginia Tech.
The Cougars returned home to Provo immediately after the game and have begun preparing for their West Coast Conference showdown with Saint Mary's. The Gaels, who have won nine consecutive games, visit Loyola Marymount tonight before visiting BYU.
Former Cougar star Jimmer Fredette returns to Utah on Saturday when the Sacramento Kings visit the Utah Jazz. It should be an interesting homecoming for Fredette. In a USA Today story, Fredette answers questions about being an NBA rookie.
Turning to football, news came out Wednesday that the Big 12 is once again considering expansion, and that BYU remains a prime candidate. ESPN.com's David Ubben asks, should the Big 12 expand?
Meanwhile, the Cougars announced Wednesday a two-game football series with East Carolina in 2017 and 2018.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18