Matt Gentry, Associated Press
BYU earned its first-ever road victory against an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent Wednesday night with a thrilling 70-68 win at Virginia Tech.
The Cougars returned home to Provo immediately after the game and have begun preparing for their West Coast Conference showdown with Saint Mary's. The Gaels, who have won nine consecutive games, visit Loyola Marymount tonight before visiting BYU.
Former Cougar star Jimmer Fredette returns to Utah on Saturday when the Sacramento Kings visit the Utah Jazz. It should be an interesting homecoming for Fredette. In a USA Today story, Fredette answers questions about being an NBA rookie.
Turning to football, news came out Wednesday that the Big 12 is once again considering expansion, and that BYU remains a prime candidate. ESPN.com's David Ubben asks, should the Big 12 expand?
Meanwhile, the Cougars announced Wednesday a two-game football series with East Carolina in 2017 and 2018.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34