Blue roundup: ACC win behind them, St. Mary's in front
Matt Gentry, Associated Press
BYU earned its first-ever road victory against an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent Wednesday night with a thrilling 70-68 win at Virginia Tech.
The Cougars returned home to Provo immediately after the game and have begun preparing for their West Coast Conference showdown with Saint Mary's. The Gaels, who have won nine consecutive games, visit Loyola Marymount tonight before visiting BYU.
Former Cougar star Jimmer Fredette returns to Utah on Saturday when the Sacramento Kings visit the Utah Jazz. It should be an interesting homecoming for Fredette. In a USA Today story, Fredette answers questions about being an NBA rookie.
Turning to football, news came out Wednesday that the Big 12 is once again considering expansion, and that BYU remains a prime candidate. ESPN.com's David Ubben asks, should the Big 12 expand?
Meanwhile, the Cougars announced Wednesday a two-game football series with East Carolina in 2017 and 2018.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33