Blue roundup: ACC win behind them, St. Mary's in front
Matt Gentry, Associated Press
BYU earned its first-ever road victory against an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent Wednesday night with a thrilling 70-68 win at Virginia Tech.
The Cougars returned home to Provo immediately after the game and have begun preparing for their West Coast Conference showdown with Saint Mary's. The Gaels, who have won nine consecutive games, visit Loyola Marymount tonight before visiting BYU.
Former Cougar star Jimmer Fredette returns to Utah on Saturday when the Sacramento Kings visit the Utah Jazz. It should be an interesting homecoming for Fredette. In a USA Today story, Fredette answers questions about being an NBA rookie.
Turning to football, news came out Wednesday that the Big 12 is once again considering expansion, and that BYU remains a prime candidate. ESPN.com's David Ubben asks, should the Big 12 expand?
Meanwhile, the Cougars announced Wednesday a two-game football series with East Carolina in 2017 and 2018.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 47
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 29