Blue roundup: ACC win behind them, St. Mary's in front
Matt Gentry, Associated Press
BYU earned its first-ever road victory against an Atlantic Coast Conference opponent Wednesday night with a thrilling 70-68 win at Virginia Tech.
The Cougars returned home to Provo immediately after the game and have begun preparing for their West Coast Conference showdown with Saint Mary's. The Gaels, who have won nine consecutive games, visit Loyola Marymount tonight before visiting BYU.
Former Cougar star Jimmer Fredette returns to Utah on Saturday when the Sacramento Kings visit the Utah Jazz. It should be an interesting homecoming for Fredette. In a USA Today story, Fredette answers questions about being an NBA rookie.
Turning to football, news came out Wednesday that the Big 12 is once again considering expansion, and that BYU remains a prime candidate. ESPN.com's David Ubben asks, should the Big 12 expand?
Meanwhile, the Cougars announced Wednesday a two-game football series with East Carolina in 2017 and 2018.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26