Salt Lake-based Mindshare Technologies Inc. announced a new chief experience officer, a position created by the company to improve customer and client relations, on Thursday.
Lonnie Mayne, executive vice president of sales and account management, will assume the role of CXO and will be responsible for improving customer and client experiences with Mindshare.
“Mindshare is dedicated to every level of the customer experience, both internally and externally, and Lonnie’s focus as CXO will help us elevate that purpose as we continue to grow,” John Sperry, CEO of Mindshare, said in a statement.
The company has also placed new vice presidents to oversee its retail, restaurant and call-center divisions.
The new team consists of Erich Dietz, vice president of business solutions-contact centers, Randy Jordan, vice president of business solutions-food services, and Shane Evans, vice president of business solutions-retail.
Mindshare helps create systems that company’s use to get customer feedback. It serves more than 25 different industries, including restaurant, financial and retail entities.
- Why your co-workers come to work sick
- Local government board fostered 'culture of...
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas...
- 5 tips for a successful job interview
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has cancer...
- Business says thanks by donating 10 bicycles...
- Millions being spent gambling at 2 bingo...
- Why workers aren't taking vacation time, and...
- Local government board fostered... 16
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 5
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas... 4
- Millions being spent gambling at 2... 3
- Why your co-workers come to work sick 1
- 5 tips for a successful job interview 1
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has... 1