SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police are investigating the "suspicious death" of a South Salt Lake man found unconscious and critically injured following a fight with another man.
About 6 p.m. on Jan. 19, police were called to the area of 100 E. Louise Ave., where they found Kerry Brown, 42, injured and unconscious. Brown was taken to an area hospital, where he died of his injuries Tuesday night.
South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller said the man suffered serious head trauma.
Police arrested Tristan Hamel, 20, of South Salt Lake, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault. Keller said Hamel had been involved in a fight with Brown.
"We're waiting on the (medical examiner's) report to determine cause of death," he said.
The case will be reviewed by the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office to determine what charges, if any, to file, Keller said.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Christmas giving project makes former patient...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 86
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 30
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18