SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police are investigating the "suspicious death" of a South Salt Lake man found unconscious and critically injured following a fight with another man.
About 6 p.m. on Jan. 19, police were called to the area of 100 E. Louise Ave., where they found Kerry Brown, 42, injured and unconscious. Brown was taken to an area hospital, where he died of his injuries Tuesday night.
South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller said the man suffered serious head trauma.
Police arrested Tristan Hamel, 20, of South Salt Lake, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault. Keller said Hamel had been involved in a fight with Brown.
"We're waiting on the (medical examiner's) report to determine cause of death," he said.
The case will be reviewed by the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office to determine what charges, if any, to file, Keller said.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17