SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police are investigating the "suspicious death" of a South Salt Lake man found unconscious and critically injured following a fight with another man.
About 6 p.m. on Jan. 19, police were called to the area of 100 E. Louise Ave., where they found Kerry Brown, 42, injured and unconscious. Brown was taken to an area hospital, where he died of his injuries Tuesday night.
South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller said the man suffered serious head trauma.
Police arrested Tristan Hamel, 20, of South Salt Lake, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault. Keller said Hamel had been involved in a fight with Brown.
"We're waiting on the (medical examiner's) report to determine cause of death," he said.
The case will be reviewed by the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office to determine what charges, if any, to file, Keller said.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9