SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police are investigating the "suspicious death" of a South Salt Lake man found unconscious and critically injured following a fight with another man.
About 6 p.m. on Jan. 19, police were called to the area of 100 E. Louise Ave., where they found Kerry Brown, 42, injured and unconscious. Brown was taken to an area hospital, where he died of his injuries Tuesday night.
South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller said the man suffered serious head trauma.
Police arrested Tristan Hamel, 20, of South Salt Lake, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault. Keller said Hamel had been involved in a fight with Brown.
"We're waiting on the (medical examiner's) report to determine cause of death," he said.
The case will be reviewed by the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office to determine what charges, if any, to file, Keller said.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 27
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 23
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12