SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police are investigating the "suspicious death" of a South Salt Lake man found unconscious and critically injured following a fight with another man.
About 6 p.m. on Jan. 19, police were called to the area of 100 E. Louise Ave., where they found Kerry Brown, 42, injured and unconscious. Brown was taken to an area hospital, where he died of his injuries Tuesday night.
South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller said the man suffered serious head trauma.
Police arrested Tristan Hamel, 20, of South Salt Lake, and booked him into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault. Keller said Hamel had been involved in a fight with Brown.
"We're waiting on the (medical examiner's) report to determine cause of death," he said.
The case will be reviewed by the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office to determine what charges, if any, to file, Keller said.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 17
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 15