Florida polls show race tightening after early Gingrich surge
Two new polls show Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich running neck-and-neck in Florida.
A poll by the Florida Chamber of Commerce released Wednesday showed Gingrich and Romney in a tie at 33 points each.
A CNN/Time poll also released Wednesday showed Gingrich and Romney in a tight race, with Romney ahead but within the margin of error.
Meanwhile, two other polls taken just days earlier showed Gingrich with a measurable lead. A Public Policy Polling survey showed Gingrich up by five pionts, while a Rasmussen poll gave the former Speaker a nine-point edge.
Eric Schulzke writes on national politics for the Deseret News. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Women excised from public life, abused by IS
- Key developments in the case of slain NYPD...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Wal-Mart tests gift card exchange
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 8
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 8
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6