Attorney General Mark Shurtleff endorses Jason Buck for Utah's 2nd Congressional District
SALT LAKE CITY – Utah Attorney General Mark Shurleff endorsed Jason Buck's candidacy for Congress in Utah's 2nd Congressional District Tuesday.
“I’ve met a lot of candidates in my lifetime, and I can truly say that Jason Buck is one of the most impressive individuals I’ve had the opportunity to support,” Shurtleff said in a statement. “Jason is a no-nonsense conservative who understands that we must balance our nation’s budget and restore fiscal restraint.”
Buck announced his candidacy Jan. 20. He lives in Highland and is a part owner of the Utah Blaze indoor football team. Buck played football for Brigham Young University before playing professionally for the Cincinatti Bengals and Washington Redskins.
Currently, seven other candidates have announced they are running for the 2nd Congressional District seat.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- 'Somebody knows what happened,' daughter...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Utah came first for Rep. Jim Matheson, but...
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- Rally in support of police also draws... 39
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 22
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- Death of South Jordan man in shootout... 8