Attorney General Mark Shurtleff endorses Jason Buck for Utah's 2nd Congressional District
SALT LAKE CITY – Utah Attorney General Mark Shurleff endorsed Jason Buck's candidacy for Congress in Utah's 2nd Congressional District Tuesday.
“I’ve met a lot of candidates in my lifetime, and I can truly say that Jason Buck is one of the most impressive individuals I’ve had the opportunity to support,” Shurtleff said in a statement. “Jason is a no-nonsense conservative who understands that we must balance our nation’s budget and restore fiscal restraint.”
Buck announced his candidacy Jan. 20. He lives in Highland and is a part owner of the Utah Blaze indoor football team. Buck played football for Brigham Young University before playing professionally for the Cincinatti Bengals and Washington Redskins.
Currently, seven other candidates have announced they are running for the 2nd Congressional District seat.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23